Living life on your own terms.
To some, that means simply having a business that allows them to stay at home and be with their kids. To others, that business might allow them to interact with some of the biggest names in their industry.
While yet others, like today’s guest, use their business as a method to not only enable them to work remotely, but as the motor for them to travel around the world as a major part of their lifestyle.
Arne Giske is what you’d call a digital nomad.
Having been an entrepreneur most of his life, he’s developed a business that allows him to not only be mobile, but engage with folks all over the world. During the time that he’s done this, he’s also developed a podcast and Facebook group under the brand “The Millennial Entrepreneur”.
In today’s chat with Arne, we find him just finishing up spending some time in Columbia before heading off to Florida for this weekend’s AdCon conference.
Daniel and I get the chance to find out more about his lifestyle including why he chose to live his life this way, some Do’s and Don’ts for growing a large Facebook group, and what business he currently finds himself in to power his way around the globe.
Arne’s a great guy to know if you’re looking to travel while working, too!
Thanks for listening, and enjoy the show!
SPECIFICALLY, YOU’LL FIND OUT MORE ABOUT:
- How did Arne become a pedicab driver and when did he start favoring entrepreneurship as part of his lifestyle? 8:18
- What was Arne’s experience in the MLM world like after college? 14:46
- What kind of lifestyle does Arne find himself in these days as a digital nomad? 18:00
- What was it that made Arne believe that a job wasn’t something he wanted to do? 22:39
- How does Arne help people see Facebook as a place for business? 23:26
- What are some of Arne’s Do’s and Don’ts for his group? 28:08
- What is it that Arne is currently building his business on? 31:10
- How did he know he wanted to help other people with that particular skill? 33:37
- Three top favorite books he recommends to people regularly. 40:08
- Something Arne wishes was still a thing. 42:40
- Smallest decision he’s made that has had the greatest impact on his life? 44:01
- What basic life skill is he amazed people lack? 44:48
- How can someone be a difference maker in their community? 47:27
- … and MUCH more!
ITEMS and PEOPLE MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Arne Online: The Millennial Entrepreneur, Facebook, Twitter
- Google Flights
- Dan Henry
- Russell Brunson
- The Everything Store by Brad Stone (Amazon Link)
- Dotcom Secrets by Russell Brunson (Amazon Link)
- Influence: Psychology of Persuasion by Robert Cialdini (Amazon Link)
- Co-Hosts for this Show: Daniel Postma
- Traveler’s Mindset: Travel Savvy eCourse – Find out the Need to Know Info before you travel abroad!
SHOW NOTE EXTRAS:
Example of a Pedicab Driver at SXSW:
Arne’s Good News from Columbia:
Arne Giske talks Chat Bots For Business:
Ask Me Anything with Arne Giske:
#AskGaryVee Session 244:
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The AoL Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and we read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions feel free to email them over via the email mentioned in the show or by our contact form.
A huge thank-you to you guys for joining us!