Being in business for yourself has many different labels. Solopreneur, Expert, Entrepreneur… the list goes on. Many times we’ve found out that these particular names might not necessarily mean anything other than you have a passion for what you do and you happen to make income doing it.
Most of us go the long way of doing that. Going to school for one thing and then making our business from something else.
I frequently ask myself, could I have learned what I know today about online business without going to school? Would I have been able to help people they way I do today?
While I think that I might have been able to shortcut the process, the truth of the matter is simply this: I wouldn’t have the experience to be able to help people at the LEVEL that I help people today.
The same goes for today’s guest, David Rachford.
David started his career in the military after being an athlete for years in several sports. After getting out of the military, he went to college to become an accountant. Growing tired of that world in 10 years, he found himself at a position that he could do something that utilized those accounting skills, but at the same time, he didn’t want to make that his whole career.
That’s where his interest in teaching others about Yoga and starting the Better Human Show came from.
In this session, we’ll learn exactly how a kid who was too husky to be in youth football started playing all kinds of sports, How his yoga journey started, how he “measures creativity”, and why he started doing his podcast.
Listen to this episode if you’ve ever found yourself bouncing from one thing in your career to the next, thinking about starting a business, or you’re simply curious in what it takes to sit with “strong determination” like monks do in meditation.
SPECIFICALLY, YOU’LL FIND OUT MORE ABOUT:
- What kind of sports David played growing up despite being too big to play football. (10:04)
- How David got into Meditation, Yoga, and eventually learned how to sit in “strong determination”. (13:48)
- David’s advice to someone who says they get migraines when meditating. (20:42)
- Why he left the accounting world after doing it for 10 years. (22:50)
- How Dave measures creativity. (26:22)
- Why Dave focuses on established entrepreneurs for his ideal clients (29:00)
- How the Better Human show came into being. (34:38)
- Which talks on his podcast have stuck in his mind the most. (38:18)
- What’s an occurring theme that he’s gotten from his guests. (42:20)
- David’s thoughts on falling back on a safe job (45:07)
- What purchase $100 or less has most affected David’s life. (50:43)
- What are three truths that he wants to share with others (53:10)
- Who are David’s three favorite teachers (56:55)
- What Dave recommends in spreading your message into the world (1:03:34)
- … and MUCH more!
ITEMS and PEOPLE MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- David on Facebook, Twitter, and his Website
- Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod (Amazon Link)
- Hal Elrod on SPI
- Indy Mini
- Other Useful Meditation Apps
- Sharlotte Bouniol’s Interview
- Gary’s Message to Recent Grads
- Norwegian Lundehund
- Presa Canario
SHOW NOTE EXTRAS:
Installing a Retargeting Pixel on Your Website:
Travel Yoga Poses on KKFX News:
Couple Yoga Poses on KKFX News:
David’s Norwegian Lundehund, Nikolina checking out a T-Rex!
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The AoL Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and we read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions feel free to email them over via the email mentioned in the show or by our contact form.
A huge thank-you to you guys for joining us!