If you’re an entrepreneur who’s making money passively or you’re simply interested to do so, there’s a good chance you’ve read a book called Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki.
I remember when I read that book back in 2002 – it was an eye opener. I couldn’t put the book down. Since then, it’s one of the books I’ve bought whenever I see on sale so that I can give it to other people when I see them struggling to get ahead.
What’s cool is that this particular book isn’t the only one that Robert has written. And if you spend any time reading those other books, you realize that he made a big part of his fortune early on in Real Estate.
Today’s guest is on the same path. After starting in 2013 being paid $24k a year, she now does that in a month. In fact, she actually owns more than $2.5 MILLION in real estate assets!
Personally when I saw that she’s in the business of helping others do the same, I had to jump at the chance to get her on the show.
In our chat, we talk about getting started in real estate investing and some of the common pitfalls that newbies make when they’re getting started.
If you’re thinking about getting into the investing game and not sure where to start – real estate might be a good choice.
Listen in to find out!
SPECIFICALLY, YOU’LL FIND OUT MORE ABOUT:
- How did Whitney get started in real estate? 7:26
- Where can people find real estate auctions to attend? 10:35
- When did she believe that she could leave her 9 to 5 position to do real estate investing (REI) full time? 12:10
- What’s some good advice that she’d tell someone first starting out? 14:55
- What’s the process in finding a property to possibly buy as a someone starting out? 17:48
- What are some mistakes that she’s see newbies make in REI? 19:31
- How does someone scale their real estate business without getting over consumed by responsibilities? 23:20
- How can someone find an apartment complex to buy if they have the means to? 26:35
- What are some emotional pitfalls that can happen when you’re a landlord? 29:31
- What’s a good strategy to use when you’re looking for places to invest in? 34:48
- What’s she looking forward to in the near future? 37:00
- Who are 3 influencers that have helped her get to where she’s at today? 38:42
- Is there something that she believes is going to affect entrepreneurship or REI in the future? 41:45
- What’s an issue that people should be talking about yet hardly anyone is? 43:17
- Is there something that all high school students must know? 44:24
- What’s it mean to live a life of abundance? 45:44
ITEMS and PEOPLE MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Whitney Online: Website, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube
- Inman Connect in San Francisco 2018
- Jen Sincero – You’re a Badass at Making Money
- Martha Berry – Founder of Berry College
- April Crossley – Pennsylvania based House Flipper
- National Real Estate Investor Association
SHOW NOTE EXTRAS:
Strategies to get Started:
Why Women are the Best REI’s:
Blissful Buy and Hold Houses with Moneeka Sawyer:
What’s Whitney’s Course About?
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The AoL Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and we read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions feel free to email them over via the email mentioned in the show or by our contact form.
A huge thank-you to you guys for joining us!