I throw the term interesting around quite a bit – but I think it’s a great descriptive word for many of the guests that we have on the show.
Today’s guest is no different. Brian Drury leads a very interesting life.
From traveling all over the world for his day job, to being an author, speaker, and coach – it seems he has life made.
But it wasn’t always that way.
In fact, he started his career out of school like many of us – in a job that didn’t necessarily match who he was.
In this session’s discussion, Laila and I find out what prompted him to leave his first job out of college.
We also discuss what kind of process he went through to write his first book, and how he became a Amazon best seller.
If you feel that you might be going through a quarter life crisis (or even a mid life crisis!), then this chat is for you.
Thanks for listening, and enjoy the show!
SPECIFICALLY, YOU’LL FIND OUT MORE ABOUT:
- What was Brian’s childhood like growing up? 7:07
- Why was studying abroad such a pivotal moment in his life? 8:10
- What prompted Brian to travel abroad during his college years? 10:34
- What quarter-life crisis prompted Brian to figure out what he really wanted? 13:40
- What gave Brian the initiative to write his first book and keep going when life got difficult? 21:20
- What are some keys to Brian becoming a bestseller on Amazon? 38:48
- How does Brian find the clients that he works with? 45:26
- What’s Brian looking forward to right now? 49:15
- What are Brian’s three favorite top books? 55:40
- What’s one gift you like giving others? 56:53
- What’s something we’d find in a manual in how to be creative? 57:30
- One thing all high school students must know? 58:41
- What does it mean to live a life of abundance? 1:00:30
- … and MUCH more!
ITEMS and PEOPLE MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Brian Online: Overcoming Graduation, The First Step, Facebook, Twitter
- Zeph Blaxberg interviews Brian on the Year of Purpose Podcast
- Appleton, Wisconsin
- One Letter at a Time by Dick and Rick Hoyt with Todd Civin (Amazon Link)
- Caleb Maddix
- The First Step by Brian Drury (Amazon Link)
- Education of Millionaires by Michael Ellsberg (Amazon Link)
- Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg (Amazon Link)
- The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho (Amazon Link)
- Paulo Coelho on CBS Sunday Morning: Main Segment, Bonus 1, Bonus 2
- Co-Hosts for this Show: Laila Rahmatian
- Fizzle.co: Want to start your own indie business? Want real support including other people, courses, and coaching? Try Fizzle for 5 weeks free!
SHOW NOTE EXTRAS:
“Rewriting the Story of Your Life” at Penn State:
Fight Cancer with Happy!:
Sean Stephenson Dance Party:
Sean Stephenson TEDx Talk:
Labour of Love:
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The AoL Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and we read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions feel free to email them over via the email mentioned in the show or by our contact form.
A huge thank-you to you guys for joining us!