I can’t tell you how many times in college I heard fellow students use the phrase “I’m going to take a nap and wait patiently for death” as a joke. And in reality, for many, life is simply something that has to be endured. However, I fully believe that finding your passion & purpose in life is a huge part of getting out of that life of quiet mediocrity.
Since college, and especially after starting this podcast, I’ve come to the realization that individuals who have this figured out have overall a lot less stress in their life. Not only that, but they usually have a higher chance of being fulfilled by the work they’re doing.
This session’s guest, Tommy Breedlove, has gone through it all. From being incarcerated early in life, to working at the C-suite level, to realizing that the more he wrote his own story, the less others controlled it. Today he helps others not only realize that fact for themselves, but helps them find their next level.
In this chat, Andy and I get the chance to learn how he made that realization for himself, how he helps other men find their own way, and some pointers we can all use to start moving the dial a little bit more today.
SPECIFICALLY, YOU’LL FIND OUT MORE ABOUT:
- What kind of legacy does Tommy want to leave? 7:47
- What was the defining moment which lead Tommy to his current path? 8:39
- Can something be said to someone who has fallen into a contentment coma to help them get out? 17:35
- What’s the current state of men in America, and why did he focus to work them specifically? 20:49
- Is there a difference between boys, dudes, and men? 24:52
- According to Tommy, how do you start finding your passion & purpose in life and build a life of legacy? 28:17
- Does he have any recommendations for someone do to build a financial fortress and build a legacy? 32:12
- What are 3 favorite books he likes to give or tell others about? 42:36
- Is there anything he recently says no to? How did he come to that realization? 42:59
- Who’s the most awe inspiring person he’s met and why? 43:56
- What’s something he’d like to do in his lifetime that no one knows about? 45:09
- What’s it mean to live a life of abundance? 45:50
ITEMS and PEOPLE MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Tommy Online: Website, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube
- Cohost: Andy Dix
- Session Sponsor: Fizzle
- Tommy’s Book – Legendary
- Big Leap – Gay Hendricks
- Think and Grow Rich – Napoleon Hill
- War of Art – Steven Pressfield
SHOW NOTE EXTRAS:
12 Minute Conversation with Engel Jones
Tommy on the Brandon Smith Show
Brandon Labella Interviews Tommy
Tommy via Purpose on Tap
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The AoL Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and we read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions feel free to email them over via the email mentioned in the show or by our contact form.
A huge thank-you to you guys for joining us!