Teenager entrepreneurs are blowing up around the internet these days. It’s crazy. It’s not uncommon to hear of 14 year olds making thousands, if not millions, of dollars in their businesses.
For me growing up, this was never an option. Even when I was in Amway, you had to wait until you were 18 to officially start. As the internet has evolved over the last few years – you just see more and more kids and teens being and doing more so much earlier. Sometimes I feel blessed that I grew up in the 90’s which I consider the ultimate decade to be a kid, but then I see kids like today’s guest and it makes me think – would I have started my own business online when I was starting high school?
For today’s guest, it was a no brainer. Like me, he got started in an MLM, but soon found out that he wanted to be an online entrepreneur as well. Today he’s a motivational speaker as well as a podcast guest and will soon be an author.
Through his podcast he aims to inspire other teens by hosting inspirational figures including entrepreneurs like Caleb Maddix (check out the show note extras), sports figures, and others to find out more about them.
In our conversation, we talk more about his beginnings, where he got the idea for the show, and what has him excited for the future.
If you know any teens struggling to find direction in their lives – perhaps it might be worth your while to have them check this interview out!
Thanks for listening, and enjoy the show!
SPECIFICALLY, YOU’LL FIND OUT MORE ABOUT:
- How has being a homeschooled student been a catapult in Easton’s success? 7:27
- How does he balance his active sports life with his schooling and his business? 12:48
- How does a homeschool student become part of a school team? 13:46
- How did Easton become interested in starting his own business? 15:36
- What caused him to pivot into motivational speaking? 17:41
- Who have Easton’s mentors been as he’s been developing his podcast? 20:47
- Where can someone find a mentor for themselves? 23:24
- How can a teen help a friend of theirs find their own identity? 26:54
- What are some steps that a person can take to achieve a goal? 29:07
- What’s the book about that Easton is writing? 32:24
- How did he write his book? 33:37
- Anything else he’s excited about this next year? 35:35
- Top 3 Favorite books he recommends to others? 36:18
- Scientific Fact that he knows is real but still blows him away? 38:21
- What is something that isn’t as bad that he initially thought it would be? 40:38
- What’s a service that doesn’t exist that Easton would gladly pay for? 41:26
- What does it meant to live a life of abundance? 42:04
- … and MUCH more!
ITEMS and PEOPLE MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Easton Online: Website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- BYU Online Courses
- Easton winning Junior Olympics
- Tower Gardens – Aeroponic Growing Systems
- Kevin Stimpson
- Laila’s AoL Interview
- The One Thing
- Calvin Wayman
- Pat Flynn’s method of writing a book via SPI TV
- Lewis Howes – School of Greatness
- How to Win Friends and Influence Others by Dale Carnegie (Amazon Link)
- Fish Out of Water by Calvin Wayman (Amazon Link)
- Lewis Howes on Glenn Beck (Starts at 37:38)
- ClickFunnels: Get 14 Days Free!
- DotCom Secrets by Russell Brunson (FREE with S&H)
SHOW NOTE EXTRAS:
Intro to Fueled for Teens:
Basketball coach Nick Graham Interview:
Caleb Maddix Interview:
Interview with Casey Adams:
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The AoL Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and we read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions feel free to email them over via the email mentioned in the show or by our contact form.
A huge thank-you to you guys for joining us!