Online business comes in many forms. In fact, I’ve mentioned that there are 10 archetypes that people can utilize to do online business.
One of the types that I’ve had an interest in, and one that I think has a relatively low entry cost, is the Retail archetype. In session 13, our guests, Dennis and Claudia Haddix, talked about the lifestyle that their eCommerce business provided for them.
But we didn’t really get into how they do things. Heck, I didn’t even know until a few weeks ago when Dennis mentioned that he drop ships in our eCommerce meeting here in Indy.
Interestingly enough, I soon became a member of the Smart Passive Income Community on Facebook and bumped into today’s guest who has taught over 50,000 students on uDemy in various subjects, including drop shipping!
So, we got to talking and eventually, I learned that he was starting his own course platform called Skillhance.
Today’s guest, Matt Bernstein, is a wealth of information when it comes to building various types of businesses. Like Gary Vee, he started with baseball cards, and has worked his way up to where he is today.
In our today’s chat, we talk about how he became an entrepreneur at a young age, how the book 4 Hour Work Week changed his perspective on what and how he sold online, and how he transitioned to uDemy and how he’s managed his success on that platform.
Make sure you listen to today’s session ready to take notes as a lot of tactics will be dropped.
Also, stay tuned to the New Inceptions’ Resource Page in the future as I’ll be linking any of Matt’s courses that I think would add value to you guys.
SPECIFICALLY, YOU’LL FIND OUT MORE ABOUT:
- How he started his first business.
- Some of the first items he sold on eBay.
- One the key things he got out of the 4 Hour Work Week.
- How he got into drop shipping and how it works.
- Some of the things to avoid when you’re working with sourcing from manufacturers.
- Why Matt did drop shipping vs using Amazon and, particularly, FBA.
- How he got banned from eBay.
- Why he started doing course on uDemy.
- How to use uDemy as a funnel to your main platform.
- Types of courses he has on uDemy.
- A brief overview of he makes a course.
- How he uses social media platforms, including YouTube, Blab, and Instagram.
- How to create content for each of those platforms. .
- …and MUCH more.
ITEMS and PEOPLE MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Worldwide Brands
- Skillhance (Matt’s Site!)
- Tweet Jukebox
- Blue Yeti Microphone (Amazon Link)
- Hostgator Get your files backed up and updated automatically so you never lose your site! Click here to save 20% off your order.
SHOW NOTE EXTRAS:
Matt’s Course called “How I Made $50,000+ in Profits on Udemy”
Save half off and get it for $9 here!
Matt’s Interview with Dennis Smith:
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The AoL Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and we read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions feel free to email them over via the email mentioned in the show or by our contact form.
A huge thank-you to you guys for joining us!