Having the knowledge about different personalities is a bit of a super power. When you know someone’s personality and personal motivation, you can understand what makes them tick. However, a lot of people simply don’t have this knowledge. They get frustrated when other people don’t act the way they do or don’t set an importance on various things like they do.
Today’s guest, Andy Dix, helps individuals and teams figure out what motivates them through the Reiss Motivation Profile.
As a leader, it’s important that not only do we know the makeup of any one person, but we also understand how others are going to engage with them.
If you don’t have much knowledge about how personalities and motivations work, this is a great conversation to start at!
So, join Harrison and I as we learn why Andy chose to work in this field, what he’s learned, and why he started his The Hopeful Hoosier Podcast.
SPECIFICALLY, YOU’LL FIND OUT MORE ABOUT:
- How’d Andy get into what he’s doing today? 8:40
- What’s the Reiss Motivational Profile and how does he incorporate in his work? 13:01
- Has he been surprised by the profile results of any one person or people? 16:13
- Does the Motivational Profile prove the truth of “natural born” leaders and entrepreneurs? 25:12
- What motivated Andy to start his podcast “Hopeful Hoosier”? 27:12
- What kind of things is he looking forward to the rest of this year? 36:43
- Who are Andy’s top three people he’s been influenced by? 38:13
- One thing under $100 that has changed his life? 40:08
- Is there advice out that he hears adults giving kids that he’d call BS on? 40:43
- What does Andy do when he becomes overwhelmed or unfocused? 41:39
- How can someone be a difference maker in their community? 42:35
ITEMS and PEOPLE MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Andy Online: Website, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter
- Cohost: Harrison Painter
- Session Sponsor: Uncover Your Personal Mission
- Jason Jennings
- Who Am I? by Stephen Reiss
- 16 Strivings for God by Stephen Reiss
- Hopeful Hoosier Podcast
- Interview with the John McDonald
- Theory U – Otto Scharmer
- Gary Collins – Christian Coaching
- Steven Pressfield – The War of Art / Turning Pro
- Bible App by YouVersion
SHOW NOTE EXTRAS:
Andy Interviewed by Engel Jones:
Steven Reiss on his book The 16 Strivings for God
Andy’s Webinar on Using the Science of Motivation Within an Organization
NPR’s Talk of the Nation: The Art and Science of Motivation
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The AoL Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and we read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions feel free to email them over via the email mentioned in the show or by our contact form.
A huge thank-you to you guys for joining us!