Return on Experience and Expertise, or RoEE, is something we all should realize we have. Whether you’re more street smart or climbed your way up the twin towers of formal education and the corporate world, you do have experience which can serve not only you, but those around you.
However, that said, it’s up to us to realize what expertise can truly help others. Unlike our Passion, we don’t get to choose our Purpose and where we fit with others.
However, when we can pair up our Purpose with our Passion, then we have the seeds to greatness. Add it to a unique Process, and we have a winning formula for awesome Profit!
Sound familiar? It should. I shared briefly about the 4 P’s of the Ikigai in this blog post recently.
Today’s guest, David Bryant, is a prime example of someone who’s not only found this sweet spot in his career, but also has been able to take advantage of it. How? By staying humble and learning lessons wherever or from whoever he can.
In this chat, Andy and I get the chance to learn how he’s done this over his career and some of the key things he’s learned along the way.
SPECIFICALLY, YOU’LL FIND OUT MORE ABOUT:
- What lead Dave to study sports marketing and business? 9:19
- How did spending time and learning in the MLM industry compare to the knowledge he picked up from getting his business degree? 14:42
- What are some of the topics that David learned in his time in LegalShield that he can share with teens and college students? 20:41
- What does he think are some of the key foundational learnings he’s had where he can now turn around and maximize on experience or expertise? 24:43
- Which business lessons has his faith taught him? 29:19
- How did LegendBorne get its start? 31:24
- What are some challenges that he’s given himself for the upcoming year? 48:41
- What books are his top 3 favorite that he gifts or tells others about? 52:18
- If he could ask anyone living or dead a question, who and what would it be? 52:54
- What are three truths that Dave has learned over time that he wants others to know? 54:02
- How can someone be a difference maker in their community? 58:05
ITEMS and PEOPLE MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Dave Online: Website, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram
- Cohost: Andy Dix
- Session Sponsor: Freshbooks
- Kelley School of Business
- Think and Grow Rich
- Richest Man in Babylon
- Habits of Highly Effective People
SHOW NOTE EXTRAS:
Why the Name LegendBorne?
Dave on why LegendBorne is Unique
LegendBorne Sportswear in the Field
Akuma vs LegendBorne – Which Jersey Should You Buy?
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The AoL Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and we read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions feel free to email them over via the email mentioned in the show or by our contact form.
A huge thank-you to you guys for joining us!