When many of us online business folks think of running an ad campaign, we immediately think of Facebook. However, that market is totally saturated and it might not be the greatest fit for your business – especially if your customers are other businesses.
If you think that might be the case, today’s guest, AJ Wilcox, might just be your new favorite marketer. His specialty is helping B2B businesses market on LinkedIn.
This is an almost a nonexistent niche. In fact, when AJ was learning about it, he realized there were relatively no search results for LinkedIn Ad Campaigns. So he’s definitely the guy to know!
In today’s chat with AJ, Harrison and I discover who this opportunity is a good match for and some key things to know when you’re getting your feet wet!
SPECIFICALLY, YOU’LL FIND OUT MORE ABOUT:
- What did AJ do before he started his own marketing business? 10:22
- What’s the difference between doing ads on LinkedIn vs other social media platforms? 12:40
- Are the ads on LinkedIn strictly B2B or is there room for B2C advertising? 14:41
- What’s the UI like for LinkedIn when it comes to placing ads? 18:13
- What should newbies consider when they’re first placing ads on LinkedIn? 19:33
- What’s a good way for a beginner to budget their ads so that they actually move the needle? 21:44
- How has LinkedIn changed over the years as a whole? 24:39
- How is videos changing LinkedIn and can people use them in ads? 28:35
- What are the metrics that matter on LinkedIn when someone is running a campaign? 31:43
- What are mistakes that newbies make when they’re starting with marketing on LinkedIn? 33:45
- Are there some trends that AJ sees on the horizon? 36:35
- Might LinkedIn start using Chatbots and other AI on their site soon? 39:05
- What does AJ think about the barriers that are preventing social media platforms from fully utilizing AI? 42:49
- What’s the experience like to work with AJ? 44:21
- How does he incorporate his faith into his business? 46:49
- What’s he looking forward to in the future? 48:26
- What are AJ’s top 3 favorite podcasts? 49:23
- If LinkedIn wasn’t a thing, what would he be doing? 50:52
- One thing all high school students must know? 51:47
- Something under $100 that has changed his life? 53:58
- What’s the secret to achieving personal freedom? 55:23
ITEMS and PEOPLE MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- AJ Online: B2Linked, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter
- Myr Bacun AoL Interview on LinkedIn Groups
- Jordan Harbinger Show
- Bad Crypto Podcast
- Social Media Marketing Podcasts
SHOW NOTE EXTRAS:
The Ultimate LinkedIn Ad Checklist
Do’s and Don’ts of LinkedIn Ads
Search Ads vs Social Ads
How to Structure Your Social Ads
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The AoL Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and we read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions feel free to email them over via the email mentioned in the show or by our contact form.
A huge thank-you to you guys for joining us!