One of the reasons many people become self employed is because they believe they can have more freedom working for themselves. Whether that’s more time for family or the ability to dictate what they do in a given day – they’re looking for more autonomy.
However, as we get more and more successful, we have a decision to make. Do we want to scale up and bring more onto our team or stay at the level we’re at because that’s our sweet spot?
It’s really hard to fight the urge to scale up – especially if part of the way that you measure success is through an increase in income and the ability to buy bigger and better things.
But what if finances didn’t enter into the equation of success? What if it stayed at what was important to us at the beginning – to do what we want when we want? Not to be pressured by keeping up societal norms – but to spend time with those we care about and/or traveling?
This is the life that today’s guest Jared Latigo has crafted for himself and his family. Listen in as he explains how he got here and more about his life after debt.
SPECIFICALLY, YOU’LL FIND OUT MORE ABOUT:
- Where was Jared in his career when he felt like he needed to break out of debt? 9:36
- What was it like trying to keep up with a persona of success online that he truly didn’t have yet? 14:43
- How has minimalism changed his life? 19:13
- How can someone become aware that they’re a slave to their stuff? 22:15
- What are Jared’s 3 steps to become debt free? 29:08
- How does he keep a life balance with everything that he has going on? 35:08
- What kind of habits does he practice to get the opportunities that he’s had? 38:34
- What’s Jared looking forward to in 2019? 45:11
- Who’s his top 3 favorite influencers? 48:17
- Has he been learning anything new that he’s excited to implement? 48:40
- What advice does he hear adults give kids that he calls BS on? 49:49
- Has there been something under $100 that has changed his life? 51:22
- How can someone be a difference maker in their community? 52:35
ITEMS and PEOPLE MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Jared Online: Website, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube
Cohost: Harrison Painter
Session Sponsor: Fizzle (Get your first month FREE!)
George Carlin “A place for my stuff”
Jordan Harbinger’s Level One Program
The Intern – Robert De Niro
Brendon Burchard’s High Performance Planner
Jared’s Bluetooth Speaker Device for his Truck (Aux port)
JC’s Bluetooth Device – GoGroove FlexSMART X2 (FM Transmitter)
SHOW NOTE EXTRAS:
7 Steps to Building a Custom Pole Barn Home