To be consistent. It’s a phrase that’s thrown around in all kinds of industries as a part of their success. But what does it mean? If you own an agency that relies on you to get the job done, then you have to show up everyday. If you own a website that sells certain products, then there’s a good chance you’ll need to go to various events to let potential customers that your site exists. Maybe you’re trying to build a personal brand on social media – then you’re going to have to commit to building that brand and showing up daily.
So, that being the case, consistency can come in different forms. It’s really dependent on what you want the end goal to be.
However, if you really want to shoot for the stars in the online entrepreneurial space, then today’s guest is some you’ll appreciate.
In this session, Tony Whatley speaks to Veronica and I about what it took for him to not only build a company outside of his day job, but to also sell that company for what it was worth. We also touch on the kind of work it’s taking for him to build his own personal brand online.
Join us as we pick the brain of the Side Hustle Millionaire!
SPECIFICALLY, YOU’LL FIND OUT MORE ABOUT:
- How did Tony get into mechanical engineering? 10:41
- What lead him to start side businesses outside of his day job as an engineer? 12:14
- How was Tony able to scale his business so he could have a “10 hour work week”? 17:38
- If he were to start over today, would Tony have used the same marketing and sales strategies he used to first grow his businesses? 22:24
- After selling his first big business, what was life like? 35:20
- What was the process of selling this business like? 40:32
- What’s the future hold for Tony’s brand? 46:40
- Who are three influencers who have helped him get to where he’s at today? 51:21
- If he could ask anyone living or dead a question, who and what would Tony ask? 54:25
- What is something that most people don’t realize is a huge waste of money? 55:56
- Something that cost less than $100 which changed his life? 59:07
- What does it mean to live a life of abundance? 1:00:17
ITEMS and PEOPLE MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
SHOW NOTE EXTRAS:
Business Coach vs Business Mentor
Fear! (The Viper Crash Story)
Tony on Entrepreneurship at the Speakers Authors Coaches Summit
Tony on Heather Parady’s Show
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The AoL Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and we read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions feel free to email them over via the email mentioned in the show or by our contact form.
A huge thank-you to you guys for joining us!