Here it is 2020, and a good part of the population scratches their head when the subject of Millennials and Gen Z comes up. With the pandemic completely changing how things are done in the working world for the foreseeable future, it would seem that these generations are going to be the ones left picking up the pieces and reassembling the economy in their own way.
So what exactly does that look like? For the most part, we know what it looks like for entrepreneurs. But the usual 9 to 5 world is going to change drastically in the next 5 to 10 years. Like after 9/11, when we were all about ramping up security, are we going to now see a continued uptick in technology use specifically geared towards maintaining healthy workplaces? How will this change the workplace overall? Will things ever go back to “normal”?
These are some of the questions Veronica and I ask this session’s guest, Chris Tuff, author of the book The Millennial Whisperer.
If you’ve not heard Chris before and you’re into futurism, I think you’ll really enjoy this chat.
SPECIFICALLY, YOU’LL FIND OUT MORE ABOUT:
- What’s his take on the responsibility he has a Xennial? 12:00
- When did Chris choose to get into marketing as his career? 16:20
- How is Chris working with leaders to reshape their internal company structures to engage with Millennials? 26:44
- What does Chris see in the future when it comes to technology playing an ever increasing role in daily work life? 31:47
- According to Chris, what’s Shawshanking and what is its role? 36:20
- What other technology does he see playing a role in Millennial’s lives in the not too distant future? 39:07
- Besides writing another book, what else is Chris looking forward to doing in 2020 as we move through the pandemic? 42:41
- Which teachers and influencers have helped Chris get to where he’s at today? 47:16
- What’s the biggest plot twist he’s seen in his day to day life? 49:14
- What message in society is a disservice to youth? 50:46
- Is there something under $100 which changed his life? 51:06
- What’s the secret to achieving personal freedom? 51:39
ITEMS and PEOPLE MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Chris Online: Website, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram
- Cohost: Veronica Kirin
- Powered By: FREE Resource – Uncover Your Personal Mission
- Get a Job (2016)
- Jason Beckerman (Shared the concept of Shawshanking with Chris)
- Devin Johnson’s AoL Interview
- Antico Pizza
- Tommy Breedlove’s AoL Interview
SHOW NOTE EXTRAS:
Managing Millennials in the Workplace
Chris Tuff on the Shrimp Tank Podcast
Chris being interviewed by Peter Boulden
John Lee Dumas interviews Chris
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The AoL Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and we read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions feel free to email them over via the email mentioned in the show or by our contact form.
A huge thank-you to you guys for joining us!