To succeed in life we’re all going to have obstacles get in our way. Sometimes it’ll be people telling us we can’t do something. Other times it might be a lack of knowledge about a certain topic.
Today’s guest, Kristian Aleixo, is all about taking obstacles head on. However, he looks at them as challenges. And while he might not necessarily have the solution to dealing with the challenge right away, he doesn’t make any excuses and makes it his mission to figure it out.
This attitude is helped him in his career as a race car driver. And because of his resilience, he’s looking to become an IndyCar racer in the next couple of years.
In this session, we hope that you’re inspired to learn how to appreciate challenges. Because once you conquer them, you can use them as part of your story in helping others!
SPECIFICALLY, YOU’LL FIND OUT MORE ABOUT:
- How does Kristian compare to the stereotypical racecar driver? 6:31
- What kind of mindset does it take to dig deep when obstacles get in his way of being a high performer? 12:42
- What is the importance of building relationships with organizations around the community as a professional athlete? 17:06
- Are there any pointers that Kristian would recommend to help assimilate into a new city or community? 23:09
- What was the catalyst for him to write his first book? 29:41
- How did he find the time to actually write it? 32:34
- How many versions of the book did he end up going through? 38:57
- What does the future look like for Kristian? 40:45
- How does training work for today’s racer? 42:32
- What is his top 3 favorite books? 47:26
- Is there something he’s become good at saying no to? 48:34
- What’s something that lot of people don’t realize is a huge waste of money? 49:11
- What on his bucket list might surprise people? 50:48
- What’s the secret to achieving personal freedom? 51:38
ITEMS and PEOPLE MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Kristian Online: Facebook, Twitter
- Cohost: Harrison Painter
- Session ‘Sponsor’: Uncover Your Personal Mission
- Gleaners Food Bank
- Kristi Lee Uninterrupted Interview
- Indy Car Dropping for New Years
- Braxton Cosby’s ‘My Life in Story’ Series
- Kristian’s book – My Life in Story: The Outside Groove
- Pursuit of Happyness – Chris Gardner
- iAdvance Motorsports – Darren Manning
- Racecraft1 Driver Development Program
- PitFit Training
- Wild at Heart – John Eldredge
- Tools of Titans – Tim Ferriss
- Relentless – Tim Grover
SHOW NOTE EXTRAS:
Kristian’s Fuzion Magazine Interview
Kristian with Engel Jones on 12 Minute Convos
Kristian on Amplify Indy Podcast
Simulator Driving with Kristian
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The AoL Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and we read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions feel free to email them over via the email mentioned in the show or by our contact form.
A huge thank-you to you guys for joining us!