We gamers – we’re an interesting group. For that matter, so is the gaming community at large. Many of us join the ranks for social reasons or just because it’s a great past-time.
When I first started playing online games, I quickly developed friendships with folks that I had never met. But because we were on daily, we got to know each other. I still keep in touch with some of those peeps – nearly 20 years later (dang).
It’s very common to build those bonds.
However, sometimes we outgrow our needs for games – we realize that there’s more out there and many of us have to put down the games to achieve those new things.
I’ve had to do that myself, as well as today’s guest.
However, I wouldn’t say that we’ve quit gaming as a whole. I’d still rather play than watch TV.
And today’s guest, Franz Cavatorta, has gone to another level – he actually makes fellow gamers his clients if they need a website done for their clan, guild, or crew.
In today’s chat, Daniel (also a gamer) and I talk with Franz. We learn what inspired him to start this business and some of the experiences he’s gone through to get to the level he’s at today.
He also discusses some of the things that this lifestyle allows him to do – which, in itself, is a great reason to start.
If you’re a gamer and you’re looking for some options to be more constructive with your time, then you might be able to learn a thing or two from Franz. Perhaps it all starts with being part of a gaming community?
Thanks for listening, and enjoy the show!
SPECIFICALLY, YOU’LL FIND OUT MORE ABOUT:
- What kind of video games has Franz enjoyed playing? 8:10
- What’s Franz’ perspective of the gaming world? 11:54
- What’s his current lifestyle like now? 14:26
- How did he learn the skill set that utilizes to do his work? 16:56
- How long did it take him to start building his own business after creating his first gaming community? 22:12
- How did he go from specifically developing for ThemeForest to starting to take on clients? 34:31
- What kind of new clients is Sky Warrior themes interested in pursuing now? 36:41
- What’s the benefit of a gaming clan having their own website? 40:04
- How does someone build a community around their awesome new site? 43:17
- What’s in the future of Skywarrior Themes? 47:27
- 3 Influencers that have helped Franz get to where he is today? 54:22
- Hardest thing he’s ever had to say no to? 56:13
- What is something he still wishes was a thing? 59:20
- What’s a life skill that he’s amazed that people lack? 1:00:41
- Secret to achieving personal freedom? 1:05:33
- … and MUCH more!
ITEMS and PEOPLE MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Franz Online: Website, Facebook, Twitter
- Canary Islands
- Skywarrior on ThemeForest
- Jon Boersma – Professional Cosplayer – AoL Interview
- Claude Errera – Founder of Halo.Bungie.Org – AoL Interview
- Clay Green Silver Session
- Co-Hosts for this Show: Daniel Postma
- Traveler’s Mindset: Travel Savvy eCourse – Find out the Need to Know Info before you travel abroad!
SHOW NOTE EXTRAS:
Franz’ Kendo Action 1:
Franz’ Kendo Action 2:
Airsoft Battle Footage:
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The AoL Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and we read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions feel free to email them over via the email mentioned in the show or by our contact form.
A huge thank-you to you guys for joining us!