Often when we think about making millions of dollars, they think of three things. Primarily those things include building a business to a particular revenue level, creating a portfolio of real estate, or getting lucky in the stock market. That last one has always been something that I’ve struggled to believe – that you had to have luck to find the right top stock picks.
Back in session 182, we learned from Jason Brown that it’s possible to create a predictable revenue stream from stocks. So after hearing that, I did a bit of research. What I came up with was a subscription the Rich Dad Newsletter… but unfortunately, it was simply a way for his publishing company to make $250 off of me while upselling other solutions.
It was frustrating to the say the least.
However, it wasn’t much longer before I met today’s guest, Sean Tepper, and my paradigm started to shift.
In today’s chat, Sean shares with us how he created a platform called TYKR out of a need to develop his own passive income stream. In it we learn that being an angel investor isn’t everything it’s cracked up to be. And we also hear how, with the use of the platform itself, how we can all build passive income through the magic of compound interest.
SPECIFICALLY, YOU’LL FIND OUT MORE ABOUT:
- When Sean was developing a means to create passive income, why did he go with the stock market vs going the real estate route? 13:46
- How does playing the stock market actually yield passive income? 16:17
- What’s some advice Sean has heard in the entrepreneurial space that he believes doesn’t work for everyone? 17:57
- What are the key features of TYKR? 19:15
- How did the journey go for Sean as he was creating the platform? 23:26
- How does Sean find great guests for his show? 27:18
- Sean has posts about certain stocks on his blog. How much are these posts Sean’s insights vs the data that comes from TYKR? 28:59
- How much money is a good amount of money to use TYKR effectively at first? 33:01
- Why does Sean feel TYKR is a wise move for the novice investor? 33:41
- How can entrepreneurs keep themselves from getting hooked on the gambling aspect of playing the market as opposed to a tool for growing lasting wealth? 36:35
- What are some of things that TYKR’s users can expect to hear from Sean when they first get started? 37:47
- What is he looking forward to in his journey through 2021 and beyond? 42:20
- What are Sean’s top three influential podcasts? 44:05
- In the last five years, which behavior or habit has had the most impact on his life? 44:42
- If Sean could put any ad out into the world, what would it be? 46:24
- What is something most people don’t realize is a huge waste of money? 48:25
- What’s the secret to achieving personal freedom? 49:18
ITEMS and PEOPLE MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Sean Online: Tykr.pro, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube
Cohost: Andy Dix
Powered By: Fizzle w/ All New Layout! (Get started today and get your price locked in!)
AoL Interview with Jason Brown
Andy’s “How to Have a Conversation with Anybody”
Gamestop / Wallstreetbets
Sean’s podcast “Payback Time”
Rule #1 and Payback Time by Phil Town (Amazon Links)
Motley Fool Money
Masters of Scale – Reid Hoffman
SmartLess Jason Bateman, Sean Haynes, and Will Arnett
The Social Dilemma
SHOW NOTE EXTRAS:
More on the TYKR Backstory:
Interview with Brian Vee
Interview with Giuseppe Grammatico
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The AoL Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and we read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions feel free to email them over via the email mentioned in the show or by our contact form.
A huge thank-you to you guys for joining us!