In today’s world, many would say that a lot of men have lost their masculinity.
That’s why guys like Neil Strauss, Jordan Harbinger, John Eldredge, and Brett McKay are as well known as they are.
They specialize in helping men get better in their lives. However, they each do so in very different ways.
Today’s guest, Ryan Michler, is adding his name to that list with his organization, the Order of Men.
I’m really thrilled to have him on as helping guys step into their own has a special meaning to me.
In fact, it’s one of the reasons I became a Mason. I wanted to join an organization that has been all about developing men as functional parts of their community.
In this session with Ryan, we discuss a number of topics including what inspired him to start Order of Man, how he’s built the group in such a short period of time, and what it might look like to be part of the organization.
As always, thanks for listening, and enjoy the show!
SPECIFICALLY, YOU’LL FIND OUT MORE ABOUT:
- What pulled Ryan into the military? 9:31
- What got him to eventually start the Order of Man? 11:47
- Who were some of the initial guys he wanted to have conversations with in his podcast? 17:16
- How did Ryan move from free creative thought to monetization of Order of Man? 18:50
- Is there a difference in membership and the curriculum of Order of Man? 21:26
- What’s the Order of Man Live Event consist of? 23:53
- How did Ryan get out of letting society tell him what to do? 27:13
- How has Ryan figured out how to reach people at different levels of technical know how? 33:41
- How did Ryan start building the Order of Man’s presence on Facebook? 36:15
- How has the mindshift been for the members of the Order of Man? 43:34
- What’s something that Ryan does on day 1 to rattle their chains in his masterminds? 45:28
- Where does the inspiration for his daily posts come from? 46:43
- What kind of mentorship has Ryan had and do they develop mentorship rings in the Order of Man? 48:25
- How old is too old to stop trying to become a better man? 54:29
- What have been Ryan’s challenges in walking the walk? 55:47
- What’s Ryan looking forward to in 2017? 58:08
- One thing under $100 that has changed his life? 59:54
- Something he believed as a 20 year old that he’d tell himself was completely inaccurate? 1:00:15
- Something all high school students must know? 1:00:43
- What’s it mean to live a life of abundance? 1:01:04
- … and MUCH more!
ITEMS and PEOPLE MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Aaron Watson on Glenn Beck (start at the beginning)
- As a Man Thinketh by James Allen (Amazon Link)
- Extreme Ownership by Jocko Willink and Leif Babin (Amazon Link)
- The Daily Stoic by Ryan Holiday (Amazon Link)
- Wild at Heart by John Eldredge (Amazon Link)
SHOW NOTE EXTRAS:
8 Skill Sets Every Man Must Master:
The Importance of Mastery:
Be a Lighthouse:
10 Questions Answered about Ryan’s Beard:
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The AoL Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and we read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions feel free to email them over via the email mentioned in the show or by our contact form.
A huge thank-you to you guys for joining us!