It’s easy to get the mindset that because we have some sort of disadvantage compared to someone else that we won’t be able to do what they’ve done.
Truth is, though, that’s usually an excuse more than anything else. It’s a victim mentality.
If you truly want to do something with your life and your work, then having that mentality isn’t going to get you anywhere.
For me, when I was growing up in my hometown, I knew I was going to go to grad school. Both of my parents had their master’s degrees, so it was an automatic that I would at least have that. It didn’t matter how long it took or what I had to do to achieve that goal. It was going to happen.
However, a lot of my peers didn’t have that perspective and/or support that I did. So their goals weren’t as “big”. While they might have dreamed about leaving our hometown and doing great things, many fell short. They just didn’t have the missing ingredient to get to that point.
I’d argue that this particular missing ingredient, for most, is unfortunately hitting rock bottom. Where things are so unbearable that we are forced to dream of a better life.
For this session’s guest, this was definitely the case.
Rachel Pedersen has lead a life peppered with all kinds of ups and downs. Growing up in Minnesota as a pastor’s daughter, she had great expectations. But somewhere along the line, life took a turn and she found herself a college dropout with kids AND on welfare.
But her story doesn’t stop there. It got much better.
In fact, today she finds herself working on her own 7 figure marketing business.
What happened in the middle there? That’s what we’re going to be finding out in today’s session.
SPECIFICALLY, YOU’LL FIND OUT MORE ABOUT:
- Did she ever see herself being as successful as she’s become? 7:50
- While growing up, did she live her life based on what other’s expected of her or did she do her own thing from get go? 9:49
- What was the first mental click she had that started her on her current path? 12:38
- Did she start working with her clients for free like Russell Brunson suggests in his book or did she charge right away? 19:03
- What are some tips for someone to become as successful as Rachel even if they live in a “small town” or don’t have the best support in getting there? 23:34
- What are 5 steps that someone should take if they want to start their own work? 29:44
- How does Rachel build a real human connection with people through social media? 39:14
- Who does she pay attention to when it comes to watching FB Live videos? 42:42
- How do you build a following and how does one define that? 44:52
- What’s Rachel looking forward to in 2018? 46:57
- One gift she likes giving others? 53:11
- What’s something that’s going to affect entrepreneurship in the future she’s excited about? 53:37
- What’s an issue that’s not being talked about enough? 54:42
- How can someone be a difference maker in their community? 55:04
ITEMS and PEOPLE MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Rachel Online: Website, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram
- Co-Host: Veronica Kirin
- Start learning about sales funnels with this FREE book (Just pay S&H)!
- Grant Cardone on Lewis Howes
- Russell Brunson Inner Circle
- Molly Mahoney
- Akbar Sheikh
- Josh Forti
- Funnel Hacker Live
- Dolly Parton – The Business Woman
SHOW NOTE EXTRAS:
3 Ways of Finding Social Media Clients
Why Small Businesses Fear Social Media
3 Secrets of Facebook Ads and Funnels
How to Become a Fully Booked Social Media Manager
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The AoL Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and we read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions feel free to email them over via the email mentioned in the show or by our contact form.
A huge thank-you to you guys for joining us!