Webinars, telesummits, and virtual summits. They used to be a staple in digital marketing.
In recent years, however, they’ve become rarer to see.
Because for the most part, people have used them primarily as a way to build their email list. They used it primarily as part of their funnel.
While this is a function that webinars can serve, we shouldn’t overestimate their power to connect us with thought leaders in our various industries.
Today’s guest, Milana Leshinsky, is on a mission to help people see the power that telesummits (aka virtual summits) can provide for a small business.
On top of finding out how she got to be such a huge advocate of these mediums, we find out how they’ve played a role in her own business. She also talks about the mindset you should have when building your own virtual summit.
SPECIFICALLY, YOU’LL FIND OUT MORE ABOUT:
- How was it that Milana first came to the US? 9:12
- What made her change her focus of study in school from music to something completely different? 11:32
- Why did she quit her IT job in 2002 as a mom of two? What did it get her in a relatively short amount of time? 13:25
- How has digital marketing changed during her career? 17:10
- Why should someone do a telesummit and what makes a good one? 19:53
- In what ways has she been able to get back into her artistic roots? 39:00
- What’s Milana looking forward to working on? 45:04
- Who have been influencers in Milana’s life? 47:40
- What are three books that she tells others about? 49:13
- What’s something Milana has been good to saying no to? 51:37
- What is her least favorite social custom? 52:43
- How can someone find their own personal freedom? 54:26
ITEMS and PEOPLE MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Milana Online: Website, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter
- Cohost for this session: Veronica Kirin
- Find the Founder Series and get started with Fizzle for FREE for your first month. (Offer ends April 1st.)
- Coaching Millions
- Edwin Culver AoL Interview
- Dr. Laura Schlessinger Show
- Make Your Knowledge Sell – Ken Evoy
- What was Blab?
- Meaningful Work by Shawn and Lawren Askinosie
- Unleashing the Ideavirus – Seth Godin
- Get Unstuck and Get Going – Michael Bungay Stainer
- The Pillars of the Earth – Ken Follett
SHOW NOTE EXTRAS:
Virtual Summits & Telesummits
Fastest Path to Go To Expert
Future of Video Marketing with Michelle Kopper
Jeremy and Milana on Sales in Coaching
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The AoL Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and we read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions feel free to email them over via the email mentioned in the show or by our contact form.
A huge thank-you to you guys for joining us!