They say that any good professional coach is going to have their own coach. The reasoning why is that iron sharpens iron and it’s good to have that accountability of growth. This is especially true if you’re working directly with helping other people grow.
I learned of this when I was first getting into the John Maxwell Team back in 2011. As I look back now, we were lucky enough to have a coaching mentorship program.
There’s other large names that provide this service as well. For example, co-host Clay Green is a Certified High Performance Coach through Brendon Burchard. BUT – the thing with with that is that you have to have gone through High Performance Academy to be part of that.
To be frank, I hadn’t actually met anyone that specifically was helping other current coaches get better at just coaching.
That’s where today’s guest, Marc Mawhinney, is really starting to make a name for himself as being a coach’s coach.
Having started his newest business, Natural Born Coaches, he has amassed a heck of a following on Facebook with over 6000 people adding themselves to his group in a short couple of years.
Besides having a great niche to work in himself, Marc is also the host of a podcast where he brings on other folks who can help coaches get better at their craft too.
In our conversation today with Marc, Al and I discover how he ended up doing this work in the first place, what he really helps other coaches with, and some nuts and bolts about how he’s built his business including his Facebook group.
If you’re wanting to be a successful coach in a particular field, then Marc is a great guy to know.
Thanks for listening, and enjoy the show!
SPECIFICALLY, YOU’LL FIND OUT MORE ABOUT:
- How’d Marc get started in Real Estate? 8:28
- How did Marc make the transition from real estate to coaching? 12:50
- What does Marc help his clients with? 15:51
- What kind of things does his programs specialize in? 18:51
- Why does Marc send daily emails to his list and believe it’s ok to do so? 20:46
- Where does he get the inspiration for the content he shares in his group and his emails on a daily basis? 23:52
- What’s some keys in starting a good Facebook group? 28:52
- Did Marc have any influences in how he built his group? 32:27
- Why did he personally opt to go with a podcast instead of doing videos on YouTube? 34:03
- What are some of the cornerstones that a successful coach uses to build their business? 39:53
- Three teachers who have helped Marc get where he’s at. 43:25
- Hardest thing that he’s ever had to say no to? 44:13
- What’s something that isn’t as bad as he thought it’d be? 44:51
- What’s a service which doesn’t exist he’d gladly pay for? 45:28
- What’s it mean to live a life of abundance? 46:03
- … and MUCH more!
ITEMS and PEOPLE MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Marc Online: Natural Born Coaches, Facebook Group, Twitter
- Natural Born Coaches Podcast
- Scott Doucet’s AoL Interview
- Brandon Northwick’s AoL Interview
- Ben Settle
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill (Amazon Link)
- Co-Host for this Show: Albert Winks
- ReadItFor.me: Get Text Summaries of Popular Business and Success Books Sent to You Daily FREE for a month!
SHOW NOTE EXTRAS:
Lesson from Matthew McConaughey:
Testimonials for Marc’s “Your First 5 Clients” Program:
Marc on Growing a Coaching Business through Online Courses:
Vanessa Talbot’s Q&A session with Marc:
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The AoL Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and we read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions feel free to email them over via the email mentioned in the show or by our contact form.
A huge thank-you to you guys for joining us!