Whether you’re on a phone, in person, or standing on stage – communication is king. In general, when you think about the word communication, your first thought probably is a vision of someone talking.
I know that’s the case for me.
However, during the time when we’re talking or simply standing still, our body is actually speaking for us as well. In fact, non-verbal communication is often what truly conveys our message more so than our actual words!
In today’s chat with Lisa Mitchell, we find out more about non-verbal communication and how it affects our daily lives as well as our businesses. We also get into why authenticity is so important in today’s world, and we even get into why body language needs to be part of the next generation of online dating.
SPECIFICALLY, YOU’LL FIND OUT MORE ABOUT:
- Why did Lisa leave behind a career as a coffee house owner to pursue her current career? 10:03
- Why was the underlying reason she struggled with her first business? 14:47
- What was her “aha moment” when she realized that she wanted to help people communicate better? 18:56
- What are some ways that a person can manage their first impression a bit more? 26:41
- What are the three parts of nonverbal communication? 31:31
- Why does Lisa believe that the market demands authenticity from their experts? 36:32
- When it comes to body language, how does being aware of your decoding process help? 39:36
- What are some of the common conflicts and trends Lisa has seen between Millennials and Corporate? 46:41
- What got her started helping people in romantic relationships as well? 51:17
- How are some common problems that young professionals have when it comes to dating? 57:08
- What does Lisa think the next big thing in online dating is? 1:01:13
- How can someone plan for a good first impression? 1:04:06
- What does Lisa have coming up to look forward to? 1:06:07
- Who are three influencers that has helped her get to where she is today? 1:07:53
- What’s here least favorite social custom? 1:12:12
- What kind of advice does she hear parents giving kids that she’d call BS on? 1:14:25
- How can someone be a difference maker in their community? 1:18:01
- … and MUCH more!
ITEMS and PEOPLE MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Lisa Online: Website, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter
- Wilmer Valderrama on Lewis Howes
- Science of People – Vanessa Van Edwards
- Dallara – Indy Car Factory
- The Brendon Show
- Lindsay Boccardo – Millennial Whisperer
- Chalene Johnson
- Cohost: Albert Winks
- Get on board with Fizzle! 5 weeks FREE through this link.
SHOW NOTE EXTRAS:
Be a human lie detector:
Own the Room (pt1):
Own the Room (pt2):
Avoid the Question Inflection (Don’t be a valley girl!):
What does LeBron’s post-shot behavior mean?:
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The AoL Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and we read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions feel free to email them over via the email mentioned in the show or by our contact form.
A huge thank-you to you guys for joining us!