This is the time of year when people are either making New Year’s resolutions or planning out their next year – especially if they’re a creative.
However, you might find yourself in a situation where you’re not entirely comfortable with where you are in life so making plans might be the last on your mind.
Well, the truth is that if you’re not making plans to succeed, you’re automatically going to fail.
So how can you get started if you’re not sure where your inner self wants to go?
In our chat with today’s guest, John Powell, we discuss this and much more, including his book My Journey, My Truth.
At first glance, it might seem that the book is all about him – but it’s much more than that. It’s actually about the reader.
You see, John has gone through many struggles in his life and now finds himself helping many people with many of the same struggles.
The book shares quite a bit of what he’s learned through the years through the hardships that he’s had to go through.
In this interview we also discuss the creation of the Expert Community as well as why he loves coaching so much.
SPECIFICALLY, YOU’LL FIND OUT MORE ABOUT:
- What’s the purpose of the Expert Community? 6:51
- Where did the inspiration of his book, My Journey, My Truth came from? 9:29
- Has transparency always been a strength for John? 13:33
- What would people that have already overcome difficulties in their life be able to get from his book? 15:41
- What was it like for John to write the book? 17:42
- How he knew he was done with all the edits of the book. 21:36
- What was the hardest part of the book to write about? 23:19
- What made John get into coaching? 27:17
- Who does John like to coach? 28:59
- What would John say to those folks who are stuck after the age of 25 and want to build some momentum? 31:22
- John’s thoughts of the broken schooling system. 34:40
- Does he have a process of helping people get out depression since he’s been there a couple of times? 40:03
- What is John looking forward to in 2017? 42:22
- Three top favorite books or movies he tells others about. 45:13
- One gift John likes giving others. 47:05
- Something that he believed when he was 25 but doesn’t now. 47:56
- Who’s the most awe inspiring person he’s ever met? 52:31
- Who comes to mind when he thinks of the word success and why? 55:05
- What are 4 steps to a better future? 56:30
- … and MUCH more!
ITEMS and PEOPLE MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- John Online: Website, Facebook, Twitter
- My Journey, My Truth (Amazon Link)
- BRINGIT Method Explained
- The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz (Amazon Link)
- Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki (Amazon Link)
- The Art of War by Sun Tzu (Amazon Link)
- Man from Earth (Amazon Link)
- Dr. Toby Malichi
SHOW NOTE EXTRAS:
Vincent Van Gogh visits his work in the Gallery:
Les Brown on Learning to Trust Yourself and Pursue Your Dreams:
Lindsey Stirling interviewed by Larry King:
Tony Robbins on Building Lasting Change:
Thank You For Sharing Some Time With Us!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The AoL Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and we read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions feel free to email them over via the email mentioned in the show or by our contact form.
A huge thank-you to you guys for joining us!