As creatives go, it’s always nice to meet other people who are on your wavelength. That’s one of the great things about doing interviews is that it gives you a reason to meet people.
Whether that’s in audio or video form, doing interviews not only gives you this opportunity, but it allows you to have a platform that you define while at the same time sharing it with someone else.
Through his efforts, Engel Jones, has become a master of making connections and sharing his platform. Through over 2000 conversations in the last couple of years, he’s connected with amazing people at all levels.
On top of this, last year he and his wife went on a tour of the United States to talk to many of these people (again) and have an in person conversation with them.
In this conversation, find out in his own words why he started his podcast and what he’s learned along the way.
SPECIFICALLY, YOU’LL FIND OUT MORE ABOUT:
- What got Engel interested in podcasting and why did he aim to talk to as many people as he has? 13:23
- How was he able to go on his 12 Minute Convo tour in 2018? 21:55
- What did he get out of going on this tour? 24:47
- How did Engel prepare for his fundraising campaign? 34:52
- What would he recommend to someone doing their own fundraising round? 38:29
- What’s it like for him to know someone through a conversation he’s had online and then meet them in person? 41:30
- What are some examples of the questions he’s used in his interviews? 46:29
- What is Engel looking forward to in 2019? 53:19
- Who are his 3 most influential podcasters that he listens to? 55:21
- What’s something more people should be talking about? 56:27
- What is something that all high school students must know? 58:13
- According to Engel, what is the secret to achieving personal freedom? 1:02:19
ITEMS and PEOPLE MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Engel Online: Website, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube
Cohost: Harrison Painter
Session Sponsor: Uncover Your Personal Mission
Dave Ramsey Show
Rabbi Daniel Lapin
Entrepreneur On Fire with JLD
High Performance Planner
5 Minute Journal App
Engel’s Journal Workbook “Your Own Unique Real Self”
EntreLeadership – Dave Ramsey
SHOW NOTE EXTRAS:
Engel Interviews Laura Petersen (AoL Session 63)