Pains and sores are something that many of us have to put up with. In our day to day work, we find ourselves doing repetitive tasks that lead to these chronic pains.
Athletes are notorious for getting these sores. Artists as well.
Many times, they, like us, learn to put up with those pains that we get over time.
But that’s not the way it has to be, according to today’s guest.
After developing her own pains from playing instruments, Rinna Mai decided that she had to find out was going on.
She soon developed a method to deal with her pains. Soon, others wanted her to work on them.
The more people wanted her help, the more she sought after new knowledge.
Today, Rinna finds herself going into medical school so that she can help people heal on all levels.
Daniel and I talk with her to find out more about her journey, what advice she has for folks with migraines, and why in the world she would put herself through a college career in her late 20’s.
As always, thanks for listening, and enjoy the show!
SPECIFICALLY, YOU’LL FIND OUT MORE ABOUT:
- What kind of formal education did Rinna have growing up? 7:19
- Why’s it important for the teacher and student to have the same vision? 14:53
- What kind of support did Rinna have in pursuing her music and healing work? 18:54
- How did her career get kicked off in her healing work? 29:08
- After her success in her healing work, why did she go back for a doctorate in her mid 20’s? 40:00
- What are some ways of dealing with migraines that anyone who has them can try? 47:57
- What’s her experience been like going back to school in her late 20’s? 59:47
- How did she get back into music and teaching it? 1:01:40
- Who are here top 3 favorite influencers or teachers? 1:09:14
- What are her 3 Favorite top books she tells others about? 1:13:07
- One gift she likes giving others? 1:14:43
- One thing all high school students must know? 1:16:12
- How can someone be a difference maker in their own community? 1:18:04
- … and MUCH more!
ITEMS and PEOPLE MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- The Artist’s Way by Julia Cameron (Amazon Link)
- When the Body Says No by Gabor Maté (Amazon Link)
SHOW NOTE EXTRAS:
Reiki Treatment Session:
Cortiva Institute Massage Demo:
Julia Cameron on Morning Pages:
Gabor Maté: The Power of Addiction and The Addiction of Power:
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The AoL Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and we read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions feel free to email them over via the email mentioned in the show or by our contact form.
A huge thank-you to you guys for joining us!