Society teaches us to look for the negative in situations. Just about everything that is popular today has some sort of conflict. From TV shows, news, and movies – we’re always looking at what is wrong with the world around us. (Heck, I’m pretty sure that’s how Trump got the nomination and won the election – he used the negative for his benefit.)
It’s very uncommon for people to natively want to look for the good in situations. Mainly because we’re not programmed to be like that.
However, as our guest in this session, Barbara Ireland talks about in this session, having that perspective isn’t very useful if you’re trying to do more than just get by or simply survive.
Just like Clay mentioned in session 78, you’re truly wanting to have a great life, then you’re going to have to stop looking for what’s wrong in every situation.
You need to stop thinking negative thoughts.
In this conversation, Laila and I discover what Barbara learned about negative thoughts and breaking out of them… all thanks to the near death experience she had.
As always, thanks for listening, and enjoy the show!
SPECIFICALLY, YOU’LL FIND OUT MORE ABOUT:
- Where did the journey of being an entrepreneur begin for Barbara? 8:27
- What were her creative influences growing up? 13:11
- Did she have any mentors growing up? 15:34
- How she went from being a singer to a writer through having her near death experience? 19:39
- What made her write her book in the first place? 30:03
- What are mindloops and her thoughts on positive and negative mentality? 35:07
- How does she start the process of helping people who are in a funk and become better versions of themselves? 40:54
- What is delooping? 43:50
- What are steps of delooping that people tend to struggle with the most? 49:45
- What are some of Barbara’s techniques in her delooping method? 51:04
- As an NDE herself, what are Barbara’s impressions of the Netflix show The OA? 1:01:01
- What are Barbara’s top 3 favorite books? 1:08:50
- One thing under $100 that changed her life? 1:12:30
- What was something she believed as a 30 year old and doesn’t today? 1:14:10
- What is one piece of advice that has changed her mindset the most? 1:15:59
- Secret to achieving personal freedom? 1:16:24
- … and MUCH more!
ITEMS and PEOPLE MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Barbara Online: Website, Facebook, Twitter
- Heart (band)
- What to Say when You Talk to Yourself? by Dr. Shad Helmstetter (Amazon Link)
- The OA
- The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho (Amazon Link)
- You are the Placebo: Making Your Mind Matter by Dr. Joe Dispenza (Amazon Link)
- The Music Lesson: A Spiritual Search for Growth through Music by Victor Wooten (Amazon Link)
- Travel Savvy Ecourse: Travel with like a Pro and Peace of Mind!
SHOW NOTE EXTRAS:
How to Discuss Politics Without Causing a Fight:
Megan Phelps-Roger on why she left the Westboro Baptist Church:
4 Techniques to Deloop from Negative Thoughts:
Song “At Last” Performed by Barbara Ireland:
Bonus video: Pablo Coelho on CBS Sunday Morning:
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The AoL Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and we read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions feel free to email them over via the email mentioned in the show or by our contact form.
A huge thank-you to you guys for joining us!