Making a career transition is not a topic to be taking lightly. In fact, for many people, the idea is simply a pipe dream. They feel stuck where they’re at due to having to support their family or that they simply don’t have time to go to college to move ahead.
However, college isn’t always the answer. In fact, there’s some questions that college isn’t designed for at all!
In this session, Veronica and I speak with Dr. Grace Lee about the pros and cons of formal education and how we can actually harness our own gifts in our work.
SPECIFICALLY, YOU’LL FIND OUT MORE ABOUT:
- What response did Grace have to the trauma of being alone and homeless by the age of 10? 9:10
- What started helping her realize that she could be and have more in life? 14:12
- When did she determine that she wanted pursue her formal education? 21:02
- After realizing what she did about the formal education system, how does Grace help those in career transition? 34:05
- Why isn’t she a fan about following your passion? 36:26
- What does Grace recommend to those who feel they’re stuck in a rut and need to get out of their comfort zone? 41:42
- Besides having mentors, what are some secrets to success? 44:38
- Are there any secrets to success that young go-getters often use that older folk can implement in their own lives and self-mastery? 46:05
- What is the vision for Career Revisionist? 49:17
- What is Grace excited about for the year 2020? 52:08
- Top 3 influencers or teachers who have launched Grace to where she’s at today? 53:50
- What’s something that costs under $100 that has changed her life? 54:11
- What happens regularly today that would horrify someone from a hundred years ago? 55:16
- If she woke up tomorrow as her 10 year old self with all her memories, what would she do? 55:38
- What’s the secret to achieving personal freedom? 56:28
ITEMS and PEOPLE MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Grace Online: Website, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube
- Cohost: Veronica Kirin
- Session Sponsor: Uncover Your Personal Mission
- Career Revisionist Podcast
- Jordan Harbinger Interviews Mike Rowe
- Keith Cunningham
- Robert Kiyosaki
- Michael Gruber
SHOW NOTE EXTRAS:
Is College Right for Me?
How to Increase Confidence
Successful but not Fulfilled?
Overcoming Imposter Syndrome
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The AoL Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and we read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions feel free to email them over via the email mentioned in the show or by our contact form.
A huge thank-you to you guys for joining us!