When you’re first starting out as a thought leader or creative entrepreneur, it can seem pretty daunting. Where do you even start? Do you build a few products that illustrate who you are and what you can help others with? Or do you start creating an audience right away and then make a product for them later?
Likewise, when it comes to getting your name out there, there are many paths one can take. You can hire a publicist, a booking agent, or in the case of today’s guest, you can utilize the knowledge of someone who can help you do it all yourself.
This session’s guest, Millette Jones, is host of the Unstoppable Coach podcast. Through her work she helps entrepreneurs learn how their story is important and understand how sharing it can propel their business to success.
On top of her podcast, she supports entrepreneurs with podcast publicity coaching, a membership site for DIY podcast interview marketing and her signature program: Podguesting for Profits.
In today’s conversation, Harrison and I speak with Millette to find out about her ups and downs as an entrepreneur and how you can use your own story to rise above the crowd.
SPECIFICALLY, YOU’LL FIND OUT MORE ABOUT:
- How did Millette become a coach? 10:21
- How was she first exposed to the podcasting world? 16:08
- What are some ways that she suggests that can help people rise above the crowd? 17:27
- What are some tips to stay focused as an entrepreneur? 22:54
- How does someone overcome broken business relationships? 26:38
- What’s first? Creating awareness or building a product or service? 28:43
- How can a guest best prepare themself for being on a podcast? 33:50
- Where does Millette see her work in the next couple of years? 39:48
- What are 3 podcasts that have helped shaped her as a podcaster? 43:47
- What’s something that she has gotten better at saying no to? 46:00
- Is there something in the podcasting world that Millette is excited about? 47:45
- What’s it mean to live a life of abundance? 53:11
ITEMS and PEOPLE MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Millette Online: Website, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram
- Cohost: Harrison Painter
- Session Sponsor: Millennial Skills Chat Bot Training
- Millette’s FREE Checklist / Mini-Course
- Unstoppable Coach Podcast
- Samsung C01U
- SPI Podcast
- Flipped Lifestyle with Shane and Jocelyn Sams
- The Gateway Podcast
- Alex Inc
SHOW NOTE EXTRAS:
Dan Lok Interview (Full Length)
Chris Gardner Interview (Full Length)
Shane Sams on Recording a Podcast in a Car
Pat Flynn on Starting Your Podcast in 2018 (Equipment and Software)
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The AoL Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and we read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions feel free to email them over via the email mentioned in the show or by our contact form.
A huge thank-you to you guys for joining us!