It’s been said that real leaders step up in challenging moments. In fact, that’s one trait that professional sports players have to possess in order to win close games. Even us creatives need to be able to give clients what they need when they need it. We also need to be able to do well under fire during negotiations as well.
Unfortunately, life can be a little more complicated than playing games and making business deals. In today’s world, we’ve become all too familiar with crisis. And those that can help cope with these traumatic times, can quite possibly save lives.
That’s exactly what today’s guest, Dave Sanderson did.
In this interview with Dave, we find out what he’s learned from the Miracle on the Hudson and how he’s using that to empower people around the world.
SPECIFICALLY, YOU’LL FIND OUT MORE ABOUT:
- Who was Dave before the “Miracle on the Hudson”? 8:37
- How does a sales guy become the head of security for someone like Tony Robbins? 9:54
- Where did Dave get the skill set to handle the plane crash? 11:47
- How did the plane crash affect him emotionally? 13:34
- What made Dave that he should write a book after the event? 15:05
- How does the lesson Dave learned on the Hudson about leadership translate to everyday entrepreneurs? 17:38
- What are a few common traits that Dave sees in successful people he meets around the world? 20:30
- How can someone “do the right thing” when they’re not a decision maker in an organization? 24:09
- How did Dave finally get over his fear when it came to doing his own thing? 27:18
- What kind of individuals is Dave currently working with who deal with PTSD? 30:15
- What’s he looking forward to in the future? 5:05
- 3 Influencers who have helped get to where he’s at today? 36:52
- What’s the best advice that he’s ever received? 37:26
- What’s something that more people should be talking about? 37:49
- How can people be a difference maker in their community? 38:23
ITEMS and PEOPLE MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Dave Online: Website, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter
- Guest Cohost for this session: David Anderson
- Looking for great courses, coaching, and community but you don’t want to pay a small fortune for it? Get Fizzle for $35/mo. (FREE Month Trial!)
- Moments Matter
- Leadership Mindset Series with Dominique Wilkins
- Dave Sanderson Declassified on Amazon
SHOW NOTE EXTRAS:
KMTV “The Morning Blend” Interview
Tony Robbins Giving Props to Dave
Dave’s TEDx talk
Titania Jordan Interview
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The AoL Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and we read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions feel free to email them over via the email mentioned in the show or by our contact form.
A huge thank-you to you guys for joining us!