The saying goes, “If you can do it once, you can do it again!” This is especially true for us creative types who might see success with one project, but on our next, we might start seeing our metrics go down.
This session’s guest, Damion Lupo, once owned 150 single family houses as as a real estate investor. But in 2008, everything came to a grinding halt. He was no longer able to live the lavish lifestyle that he was pursuing at the time.
It was soon after that he started on a quest to put more meaning into his life.
In 2012, he coauthored a book called Reinvented Life, where he talks about many of the things he learned during that journey.
In today’s chat, we go over some of these concepts as well as some pointers that he’d give someone just starting in investing.
SPECIFICALLY, YOU’LL FIND OUT MORE ABOUT:
- How did Damion become so resilient as an entrepreneur? 6:36
- How does he see wealth and how can abundantly thinking people reach out to others? 10:22
- What’s his thinking behind financial freedom and retirement? 12:23
- Why entrepreneurs might not make the best investors. 20:20
- If someone has a $5,000 – $10,000 to invest in something, what’s a good strategy to get started? 27:41
- What’s the best way for someone to find great opportunities in REI? 33:28
- What are the pillars of Yokido? 37:05
- What does Damion believe about Elon Musk’s perspective on having a universal income? 43:45
- Who are the three influencers that has helped Damion get to where he’s at? 51:21
- What’s an issue that more people should be talking about? 52:01
- If Damion woke up tomorrow as a 10 year old and all his memories were intact, what would he do? 53:17
- Something he’d like to do in his lifetime that no one knows about? 54:18
- What’s the secret to achieving personal freedom? 54:54
ITEMS and PEOPLE MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Damion Online: Website, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube
- Fizzle – Start Your Online Business Today with Great Community, Courses, and Coaching – All in ONE place! (1st Month Free)
- Dane Maxwell’s AoL Interview
- HBO’s Silicone Valley
- 5 Levels of Leadership
- Peter Diamandis – 6 D’s of Technology
- The Future of Fake News
- Lyrebird.ai – Create Your Digital Voice
- Frank Allen
- Buckminster Fuller Principles
- Steve Siebold – money and psychology
SHOW NOTE EXTRAS:
Yokido is Born
The Financial Freedom Formula
Damion on the Bigger Pockets Podcast
Damion Interviewed by Dom Brightmon
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The AoL Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and we read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions feel free to email them over via the email mentioned in the show or by our contact form.
A huge thank-you to you guys for joining us!