If you’ve been following the show for awhile, you’re probably aware that I’m a big fan of Fizzle. Personally, I think they’re one of the best resources I’ve seen out there for the lifestyle entrepreneur.
Well, there’s a couple of reasons for that. For one, their library of courses available to their members are geared for those who need an Entrepreneurship 101 or 201 course. They cover all the fundamentals.
But that’s not all that’s there.
In fact, the creators joke with the idea that people come for the courses, but stay for the community.
Which is so true. In fact, I’m still interacting with several people I met on there 4 years ago. Including Veronica.
In today’s interview with co-founder of Fizzle, Corbett Barr, Veronica and I talk to Corbett about the founding of Fizzle and what he thinks about the online entrepreneurial space 10 years after he started his first blog Think Traffic.
It’s my hope that you get a bit of an understanding of why Veronica and I both believe Fizzle is such a great resource.
SPECIFICALLY, YOU’LL FIND OUT MORE ABOUT:
- How did Corbett originally get started in the tech startup world? 9:11
- What was his initial plan in starting Think Traffic? 17:29
- How have things changed online since the start of Fizzle? 22:24
- Where did the idea for Fizzle come from? 28:51
- What kind of advice does Corbett have for those who want to get off the fence and develop the business they truly want? 36:23
- What’s the future for Fizzle and Palapa look like? 41:37
- Who are three influences that have helped him get to where he’s at today? 47:20
- Is there something he’s excited about that’s going to affect entrepreneurship in the future? 49:06
- What topic should more people be talking about yet hardly anyone is? 50:54
- What is something Corbett believed as a 35 year old that he’s changed his mind on? 52:41
- What does it mean to live a life of abundance? 54:53
ITEMS and PEOPLE MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Corbett Online: Fizzle, Personal Website, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube
- Cohost: Veronica Kirin
- Past interviews with Fizzle Alums – Barrett Brooks and Steph Crowder
- San Miguel de Allende
- Blog World Expo
- World Domination Summit
- Caleb Wojcik
- The Lean Startup – Eric Ries
- Rework, Getting Real – Jason Fried and David Heinemeier-Hansson (DHH)
- Evergoods Civic Transit Bag 40L
SHOW NOTE EXTRAS:
7 Big Lessons about Entrepreneurship
Best Places to Work and Live around the World, FB Productivity, and Managing a Remote Team
4 Simple Productivity Practices and Apps
Chase Reviews the Evergoods CTB40
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The AoL Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and we read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions feel free to email them over via the email mentioned in the show or by our contact form.
A huge thank-you to you guys for joining us!