Podcasts are one of the most used ways to get your message out there. Whether it’s for fun, you’re syndicating as a radio show, or you’re using it to deliver content for your business, podcasts are gaining popularity all the time.
For me, I’ve been listening to them since 2010 and producing them since 2013.
However, today’s guest, has a heck of a lot more experience in this world than I do. In fact, he’s been around the media a good part of his life.
In this chat with Chris (aka CJ Ripka on his podcast Raw and Real), I wanted to find out more about the medium itself.
Where it came from, why it’s called a podcast, ways people are being successful with it today, and some of the things he believes are in the not too distant future for the medium.
As usual, I also find out how he got the wealth of knowledge he has. If you have similar interests and you love podcast tech, then hopefully it will shed some light on what your next steps might be!
As always, thanks for listening, and enjoy the show!
SPECIFICALLY, YOU’LL FIND OUT MORE ABOUT:
- When did Chris get into media production? 5:48
- Where did the interest come from in working with media? 8:30
- How did he start with podcasting? 12:16
- What’s his thoughts in there being different perspectives in how podcasting production should be done? 13:48
- Where the term podcasting come from? 17:10
- Who are some of the early podcasters that are still around? 21:30
- Why Chris believes that some of the niches that exist in podcasting are going to dissolve soon. 25:15
- What are some things that any podcaster should think about and/or consider when they want to tweak their show? 27:56
- What are some ways to build a larger audience? 31:54
- Who is one of the more memorable guests that Chris has had on his live stream show, Raw and Real? 33:02
- What’s going on in the rest of 2017 for Chris? 35:06
- Who are three influencers who have helped him get where he is? 37:20
- What is the hardest thing that he’s ever had to say no to? 39:55
- What would be something you’d find in Chris’ edition of the Creative Entrepreneur’s Handbook? 40:28
- What advice does he often hear adults giving to children that he calls bs on? 41:21
- How can someone be a difference maker in their community? 42:12
- … and MUCH more!
ITEMS and PEOPLE MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Chris Online: Website, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter
- John Casablancas School of Modeling and Acting
- Radio Computing Services
- Editing Analog Tape Tutorial
- Ray Ortega
- Glenn Beck
- Brian Fanzo
- Cliff Ravenscraft
- Chris Ripka’s show: Raw & Real
SHOW NOTE EXTRAS:
Raw and Real Episode 3 with Dr. Rob Garcia:
Current Facebook Live Format interview with Rob:
Chris is Interview by Dennis Langlais of the Five Minute Bark Podcast
Finding Your Place After the Military Interview:
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The AoL Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and we read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions feel free to email them over via the email mentioned in the show or by our contact form.
A huge thank-you to you guys for joining us!