Life has a way of making us rethink the actions we’re taking. Whether it’s in school or on the job, in life, or even while we’re working on our business. That’s where the saying “When life gives you lemons, you make lemonade!” comes from. Because it’s when we have these obstacles in our life, we often wonder if we’re doing the right thing. We wonder if maybe the universe is trying to tell us something.
This is why knowing who we are, what our strengths are, and how we can help others is so vital to our success.
It’s because we know how we fit in the world, that we’re able to justify doing the work we’re meant to do – even when it gets hard and we’re given reasons to not do it.
In this conversation with today’s guest, Kim Trathen, we learn about all the things she had to go through as she was developing her business in 2018. She had plenty of reasons to put her blossoming business on the back burner. However, because she knew what she was good at and how she could help others, it gave her the strength to keep pushing forward.
So join Veronica and I was we talk with Kim about this journey of hers and how you can apply it to your own life and business.
SPECIFICALLY, YOU’LL FIND OUT MORE ABOUT:
- What was the process that Kim went through to start her business? 7:38
- How has she been able to deal with life’s challenges as she’s been starting her business? 13:36
- How does she address limiting beliefs with her clients? 25:35
- In what way does passive income factor in her business? 31:08
- How does social media come into play with her clients? 39:46
- What is Kim looking forward to the rest of the year? 44:32
- What is one song, one book, and one film that should be added to the national curriculum? 47:48
- What’s the best advice that Kim has ever received? 50:58
- Which social custom is Kim’s favorite? 51:24
- What advice does she hear adults giving children she’d call BS on? 52:04
- What’s the secret to achieving personal freedom? 53:08
ITEMS and PEOPLE MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Kim Online: Website, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube
- Cohost: Veronica Kirin
- Session Sponsor: Fizzle – Hear how Others Get Through their Obstacles
- Mike Michalowicz – The Pumpkin Plan
- You are a Badass at Making Money – Jen Sincero
- Ludacris – Money Maker
- TEDx Talk by Radhakrishnan Pillai on Money Mindset
SHOW NOTE EXTRAS:
How to show up when you’re busy, tired, or just don’t feel like it…
The #1 Reason You Aren’t Where You Want to be In Life
How to Really Use Social Media as a MLM’er
#GirlsTalkBusiness 25 with Kristen Lynch
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The AoL Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and we read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions feel free to email them over via the email mentioned in the show or by our contact form.
A huge thank-you to you guys for joining us!