The ongoing evolution of marketing has yield today’s social media. Facebook along with its peers are an interesting tool. Most of the world looks at it as a distraction or a way to share with family and friends. However, those of us who are in the entrepreneurial / creative space – we see it as a little bit more than that. Sure, we like to let people know what we’re up to, but we also like to share our projects and/or our message.
If you’re good at digital marketing, you’ll have no problem blending in your personal posts with your business posts. If your business is part of your personal mission, then it’s even easier.
Today’s guest, Avi Arya, is all about helping companies reach out and connect to native social media users. He travels the world not only as a speaker, but as a consultant.
However, this doesn’t define him. This is simply the work he does.
When he’s not traveling around the world, he spends as much time as he can with his family, dogs, and doing the things he really enjoys doing.
The key is this: He works to live, not live to work.
In this installment of the AoL Podcast, listen as we talk about how he rose to the the top of the industry, some of the mistakes that new marketers make, and his perspective on work/life balance.
SPECIFICALLY, YOU’LL FIND OUT MORE ABOUT:
- How did working with his dad help Avi get started in digital marketing? 11:31
- What has changed since he first started work in digital marketing? 20:18
- How has Avi incorporated a traveling lifestyle into what he does online? 24:06
- What are his thoughts on having life balance? 26:41
- Are there certain mistakes that he sees novice online advertisers making on a regular basis? 30:54
- What’s the secret in finding fulfillment in what we do as creatives? 40:40
- How does Avi strive to become a better version of himself? 48:05
- Is there a process he goes through to get him psyched to do live streams? 49:41
- What else is he looking forward to in 2019? 52:17
- What are three books he often gives or tells others about? 53:48
- Does he have a favorite social custom that he’s seem in his travels? 55:04
- What is something Avi believes all high school students must know? 56:02
- Are there any travel tips he has for new travelers? 57:21
- How can someone be a difference maker in their community? 58:24
ITEMS and PEOPLE MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Avi Online: Website, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube
Session Sponsor: Namecheap
Elon Musk on AI
Crushing It – Gary Vaynerchuk
New Earth – Eckhart Tolle
5 AM Club – Robin Sharma
SHOW NOTE EXTRAS:
Fear No More