For many people, starting a consulting business is something they’ve thought about doing at one or another. But just like most entrepreneurial endeavours, many don’t get started because they don’t know the way to find real success. And many times, they don’t know anyone who is a “successful” consultant to learn from.
In my experience, there are a few well known names out there that come to mind when you’re talking about becoming a decent consultant.
Today’s guest is one of those names.
Michael has been a consultant since the age of 19 and since then, he’s been honing his craft and helping others along the way.
Since 2007, he and his cousin Sam have empowered 34,000 people from over 80 countries with their company Consulting Success.
To Michael and Sam, success is not about numbers or material gains. Instead, it’s about being in a place where money isn’t a concern anymore. It’s the ability to go out to enjoy a meal or a trip with family. It’s having the certainty you need – in an increasingly uncertain world – to take charge of your future. It’s the freedom to live life on your own terms.
If consulting is something you’ve thought about getting started with, I’d highly suggest getting to know Michael in this chat with Veronica and me.
SPECIFICALLY, YOU’LL FIND OUT MORE ABOUT:
- How has his family and traveling across the world played a role in Michael’s career? 8:54
- What was the trigger for Michael and his business partner to take their consulting work online with Consulting Success? 14:05
- How can consulting set entrepreneurs free? 18:31
- What models are available for consultants to use with their business? 20:34
- What are the 6 principles of running a successful consulting business? 24:56
- What does making better decisions within a consultancy mean? 27:46
- How does someone know what to offer and how much it should cost when they’re selling their expertise to others? 36:50
- What is Michael excited about in the rest of 2019 and beyond? 42:41
- What is one book, film, and song he’d add to the national curriculum? 44:38
- Is there anyone he could interview that would cause him to be starstruck? 48:06
- What message is out in the public that is actually a disservice to youth? 49:06
- In the last 5 years, what new habit or behavior has most improved his life? 50:26
- What’s it mean to live a life of abundance? 52:44
ITEMS and PEOPLE MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Michael Online: Website, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube
- Cohost: Veronica Kirin
- Session Sponsor: NameCheap
- Russell Brunson
- Michael’s Interview of Blair Enns
- Momentum – Early Stage Course for Consultants
- Siddhartha – Hermann Hesse
- Nessun Dorma – Pavarotti
- Joe Polish
- Dan Sullivan
- Stephan Spencer – Get Yourself Optimized
- Rolin Fraser – Business Lunch
- Dustin Matthews – Get Wealth Fit
- Bloomberg – Masters in Business
- Impact Theory – Tom Bilyeu
- Michael’s Free Guide to Growing a Consulting Business
SHOW NOTE EXTRAS:
Avoid Information Overload by Using the ACTION Approach
The Unprofessional Professional – Your Thoughts?
Veteran Consultant Testimonial
From Corporate World to Consulting
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The AoL Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and we read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions feel free to email them over via the email mentioned in the show or by our contact form.
A huge thank-you to you guys for joining us!