There’s a lot to be said when it comes to having a personal breakthrough. In fact, having one might just change the rest of your life. However, when it comes to having a breakthrough through an identity shift, what does that actually mean? Shouldn’t a breakthrough come before having a change of identity?
Interestingly, according to today’s guest, Rob Scott, you can find a way to change your perspective on who you are and how the world influences you. Not only that, but when you do, the world can become a much more friendly and/or productive place.
In this session, Andy and I chat with Rob about how he could have had all the reasons to be a failure at life, but instead used identity shifting techniques to become the person he is today.
SPECIFICALLY, YOU’LL FIND OUT MORE ABOUT:
- How did Rob discover his fundamental shift? 9:35
- What kind of identity shifting techniques did he have to use to get to where he’s at today? 15:14
- What mindset issues does Rob typically see while working with his clients? 22:17
- There’s three steps to changing one’s limiting beliefs: awareness, a new choice, and a subconscious pattern. What do those mean, exactly? 23:51
- How does someone install a new lens in how they see the world? 26:34
- What would it be like working with Rob when he’d be helping with identity shifting? 38:04
- What is Rob looking forward to in his work? 50:09
- Is there a power coaching question Rob likes to ask his coaching clients? 52:02
- What are three books Rob gifts or gifts to others? 53:05
- Why is self sabotage such a problem amongst most human beings? 54:10
- What’s one thing every high school student must know? 55:44
- Is there a secret to achieving personal freedom? 56:52
ITEMS and PEOPLE MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Rob Online: Website, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube
- Cohost: Andy Dix
- Powered By: Uncover Personal Mission
- David Bohm – J. Krishnamurti – The Ending of Time;
- David Bohm – Thought as a System
- Dane Maxwell AoL Interview
- Dane interview on the SPI Podcast
SHOW NOTE EXTRAS:
Rob at The Foundation Live Event 2015
Rob Talks @ Google
The #1 Skill in Personal Development
How to Change Your Story – Tools to Use to be Resilient
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The AoL Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and we read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions feel free to email them over via the email mentioned in the show or by our contact form.
A huge thank-you to you guys for joining us!