Business marketing online is still a bit of a mystery to many business owners. Especially when it comes to LinkedIn.
In the past, we’ve had interviews with LinkedIn marketing experts Myr Bacun and AJ Wilcox about building groups and advertising on the platform.
Those are great and cool strategies on their own, and I know they work. But it seems that whenever I go to LinkedIn, I’m always being blasted by 3 to 5 messages saying “Hey, nice to connect! Seems we know similar people. Do you need help with…?”
Have you felt that way?
As this session’s guest, Devin Johnson puts it, it’s simply not the way to do long term business. You lead with relationship first.
So in this interview, we’ll learn how Devin and his company Kennected are righting the ship when it comes to making meaningful connections online.
SPECIFICALLY, YOU’LL FIND OUT MORE ABOUT:
- What were the early years like of being an entrepreneur for Devin? 11:59
- How’d Devin eventually get into marketing? 16:22
- How did it occur to him he could create a program to do things he found himself repeating in his marketing? 22:45
- What are some of Devin’s do’s and don’ts when it comes to marketing? 28:28
- If he knew what he knows now when he first started, what would he have done differently? 33:11
- What’s on the horizon for Devin? 34:11
- Who are his top 3 favorite influencers? 37:55
- What’s a documentary that people should check out? 39:18
- What is something he’s become good at saying no to? 39:58
- Is there something under $100 that has changed Devin’s life? 42:41
- What’s the secret to achieving personal freedom? 44:37
ITEMS and PEOPLE MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Devin Online: Website, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube
- Cohost: Veronica Kirin
- Session Sponsor: Kennected
- Jeremy Miller AoL Interview
- Ed Mylett – World Financial Group – Three Days in One
- Grant Cardone
- Gary V
- Veronica’s List of Remote Work Opportunity
- Boomerang – Gmail reminder software
SHOW NOTE EXTRAS:
Intro to Using Kennected to Grow Your Business w/ CMO Elliot Drake
Kennected Training Video with Elliot
Andy Mork shares his Experience using Kennected
Zack Hesterberg Shares his Experience with Kennected
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The AoL Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and we read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions feel free to email them over via the email mentioned in the show or by our contact form.
A huge thank-you to you guys for joining us!