When was the last time you cared about what you looked like? If you’re like most people, probably this morning before you headed off to the office. The image that you give of yourself is highly important. It’s all about first impressions, right?
So you know you should be aware of how you’re making a first impression in the real world. But what does the internet say about you? Have you done a search on yourself recently to see what comes up? If you have, and you didn’t like the results, how can you change that?
That’s where our guest, Ryan Rhoten, comes into play. Not so long ago, Ryan didn’t think about his online persona either. In fact, it wasn’t until he didn’t get a promotion that he wondered what what was going on. Soon, though, he realized that he didn’t look so good on the web. In fact, there were other Ryan Rhotens on the web… one of which that wasn’t too flattering.
Today, he helps others figure out what their stance is on the web. He does that by helping them hone their personal brand. Yeah, that same personal brand that many celebrities and business owners have to be aware of.
If you’ve recently been denied an interview or promotion that you thought was a sure thing, then you should listen to what Ryan has to say. Even if you’re a business owner and you’re not exactly sure you know everything about personal branding, you should definitely check this talk out too. It just might mean the difference between you getting that next job or client.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN:
- How Ryan got started as an online Personal Branding Expert.
- Why he doesn’t consider himself a “entrepreneur” quite yet.
- Why it’s important that you go to events when building your brand.
- What’s an expert exactly and how you can find out what you’re an expert in.
- What are common practices of recruiters of using social media to find talent for an open position.
- Why Gen Xers naturally struggle when it comes to their online presence.
- Some common mistakes people make when developing their personal brand.
- Why it’s important to do things out of your comfort zone on a regular basis.
- What a Klout score is.
- …and much more
ITEMS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Million Miles in a Thousand Years by Donald Miller (Amazon: Kindle | Paperback)
- Ryan’s Site – RyanRhoten.com
- Ryan’s Podcast – The Brand New You Show
- Klout (Klout Score)
- New Inceptions Masterminder Facebook Group
- Fizzle – Our go to community for building online businesses. First month is free!
- Hostgator – Get unlimited space and bandwidth and great service from Hostgator for cheap!
SHOW NOTE EXTRAS:
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The AoL Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and we read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions feel free to email them over via the email mentioned in the show or by our contact form.
A huge thank-you to you guys for joining us!