Many people struggle with maintaining a work life balance. In fact, there’s some jobs out there that will almost prohibit you from having a life. (I’m thinking those who work in factories, and other 12 hour shift type places when I say that.)
Other jobs, while not necessarily super demanding, just don’t have a set schedule and that can really play havoc on trying to set a normal schedule to life related activities.
Today, we speak with Sean Webster about this topic. He’s the Sales and Marketing Manager for People’s Brewing Company out of Lafayette, Indiana. As someone who does sales, you have to make yourself available when your customers are. And his customers can have all kinds of schedules. So this leads to a hectic work schedule!
In this session we find out how Sean manages to do his job well (and he does!) while maintaining a regular training routine as a endurance athlete and other life related activities.
His answer is not “Oh, you have to set priorities.” In fact, I find it to be a better answer than that.
What are your secrets for maintaining a work life balance? If you have problems doing so, why is that? Join us as we discuss how you make your job a job that doesn’t keep you from things you like doing!
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN:
- Why Sean considers himself an “outgoing introvert”
- What he thinks of fellow Millennials and what advantages we have as a generation.
- Why people saying that they don’t like beer brings out his competition.
- Three essential keys of being successful.
- Why your GPA and degree isn’t actually the biggest thing you can get out of going to college.
- Why it’s important to have something that you enjoy in life.
- How he comes up with his weekly schedule.
…and much more!
ITEMS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Herot Pub in Muncie, Indiana
- People’s Brewing Company
- America Multi-Sport
- Fizzle – Our go to community for building online businesses. First month is free!
- Hostgator – Get unlimited space and bandwidth and great service from Hostgator for cheap!
SHOW NOTE EXTRA:
If you’re in the Indiana area and are interested in getting ahold of Sean to see what he can do for your business, party, or event he wants to hear from you! Call him using the information on his card:
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The AoL Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and we read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions feel free to email them over via the email mentioned in the show or by our contact form.
A huge thank-you to you guys for joining us as we embark on this journey.