They say if you can make it New York, you can make it anywhere. In that same spirit, many people see having a job or a career on Wall Street as a way to launch themselves to success.
This is pretty understandable. Over the years, there have been some movies which illustrated a simple idea. That idea being you can start from meager beginnings and become wealthy beyond your wildest dreams if you make it on Wall Street.
I believe this is the case for this session’s guest, Marc Davenport.
Having started his career off on Wall Street, he learned a ton. But he also started to develop a network of influential people. That network has helped him get to where he’s at today.
In this chat, join Marc and I as we discuss what all he learned on Wall Street, why he started his first business after having that success, and some of the things we can all do to help ourselves in our own journey.
SPECIFICALLY, YOU’LL FIND OUT MORE ABOUT:
- What initially spurred Marc to become a Wall Street investor early in his career? 7:36
- Was there something that prompted Marc to start his own consulting business? 10:27
- What prompted Marc to start RMI Capitol after having great success with his consulting company? 14:50
- How do real relationships make things happen? 15:52
- What kind of clients is Marc looking to service with RMI Capitol? 23:03
- What can someone expect to learn about on his YouTube channel? 24:55
- From Marc’s perspective, why is that people like our mutual friend Antonio Smith have the success that they do in business? 28:09
- Why does Marc find it important to be involved in so many organizations in the community? 35:03
- What’s some of the things that Marc is looking forward to in 2019? 39:48
- What are 3 Favorite books that he gifts or tells others about? 43:57
- What does he do when he becomes unfocused or overwhelmed? 46:02
- Are there some things that he’s been saying no to in the last couple of years? 46:23
- What’s the best advice he’s ever received? 47:58
- How does one live a life of abundance? 48:47
ITEMS and PEOPLE MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Marc Online: Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube
Session Sponsor: Uncover Your Personal Mission
Saphire’s Story: How ‘Push’ became ‘Precious’
Antonio Smith’s Aol Interview
Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation Fact Sheet
How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
Why Should White Guys Have all the Fun? by Reginald Lewis
Greatest Salesman in the World by Og Mandino
As a Man Thinketh – Earl Nightingale
SHOW NOTE EXTRAS:
The 5 C’s of Credit
How to Double Your Revenue
Antonio and Marc on What it Takes to be Wealthy
How to Build a Network of Influential People
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The AoL Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and we read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions feel free to email them over via the email mentioned in the show or by our contact form.
A huge thank-you to you guys for joining us!