Most of us are doing who are working for ourselves have a passion for it or it’s just a talent that we can monetize. Just like we have our strengths, we also have our weaknesses.
For many solopreneurs, marketing can be a weakness. I know I’m always trying to figure out what I can do better in improving my ability to connect with more people.
To me, the “feel” of connection is really important in achieving true success in a business. I feel that the best marketing is done by coming from a place of simply adding value to others.
Sometimes, though, it’s hard to express that value in a way that motivates your potential clients from seeking you out for help.
That’s where today’s guest, Debra Jason, focus is at.
Having started in the catalog publishing business, she has taken what she’s learned from there and has helped many people nationally and internationally say what they mean in a way that moves people to take action. She’s also the author of the book, Millionaire Marketing on a Shoestring Budget in which she covers items like improving your blog following, how to get fewer spam complaints, and other basic fundamental strategies that will motivate your audience to take action.
If you’re looking to improve the way you connect with people about what you have to offer, then this is chat will definitely help you out.
SPECIFICALLY, YOU’LL FIND OUT MORE ABOUT:
- How did she get into writing in the first place? 6:47
- Was she able to use her college degree after graduating? 8:54
- How did Debra get into copywriting? 10:51
- When did Debra realize she could help other people with their copywriting? 13:14
- What was the trigger in starting the Write Direction? 15:45
- What are some marketing fads that she’s seen come and go over the years? 19:27
- How quickly did she jump onto the internet marketing train? 22:42
- What kinds of things have changed since she transferred to an internet focus? 25:01
- How often does she send out emails to her followers and what how does she know what to send? 27:47
- How did her book “Millionaire Marketing on a Shoestring Budget” come about? 34:49
- What are some of the things that someone can learn from her book? 41:19
- How to craft a magnetic marketing message by filling in the blanks of a formula. 46:55
- What to blog about when you don’t know what to blog about. 50:44
- Couple of things that she’s looking forward to in the not too distant future. 58:59
- One thing that costs under $100 that has changed her life? 1:04:00
- Smallest decision she’s made that has had the greatest impact on her life was? 1:04:58
- Something she believed as a 30 year old and now considers false and why? 1:05:49
- … and MUCH more!
ITEMS and PEOPLE MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Debra Online: The Write Direction, Facebook, LinkedIn
- Millionaire Marketing on a Shoestring Budget (Amazon Link)
- What Color is Your Parachute 2017 (Amazon Link)
- Breakthrough Advertising by Eugene Schwartz (Amazon – yikes!) Note: Original publisher was Boardroom Books
- AIDA – Attention Interest Desire and Action
- Joel Comm
- So What do You Do? by Joel Comm (Amazon Link)
- Michelle Shafer – Girl Blogger Next Door
- Myr Bacun interview on AoL Podcast
SHOW NOTE EXTRAS:
Adam Fout interviews Debra on building a Robust LinkedIn Profile:
Debra interviews Sabrina Risley:
Debra interviews Bob Burg:
Presentation for the Referral Partnership group in Boulder:
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The AoL Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and we read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions feel free to email them over via the email mentioned in the show or by our contact form.
A huge thank-you to you guys for joining us!