When it comes to getting started making a living on something you love to do, it can be hard to determine where to be begin. For many of us, we will have many interests and we’ll try to involve all of that into what we’re doing.
Depending on how exactly you do that, you can have one of two results. It can either differentiate you from the pack, or, what tends to happen most of the time, is that you spread yourself too thin when it comes to others understanding how you can help them.
So, the trick, is to fixate on one segment of your life like today’s guest, Joe “Woo” Rychalsky has done.
Joe has many interests that he could have pursued as a business. But he didn’t. Instead, he decided to take it upon himself to help others do something he wasn’t able to – find and fit into the right job and career for them.
Trying to find that niche that you can help others with can be tough, and there’s a lot riding on the decision we finally make. So, in this chat we’re going to help you make that decision by walking you through his story of becoming a coach and what all he has considered while making the decision to help others figure out their dream career.
We’ll also talk about what you need to look for when choosing your own coach, and we briefly talk about his podcast entitled The JoeWoo Career and Life Show.
SPECIFICALLY, YOU’LL FIND OUT MORE ABOUT:
- What gave Joe the mind of a creator. 6:41
- Which parent did he strive to please growing up and how. 9:09
- What went into Joe choosing his major in college? 11:52
- How well did Joe survive as a square block in a circle hole? 14:13
- Was realizing that he wanted to be a career coach a single moment or a series of moments? 15:18
- What did it take for him to make the transition from working in the corporate world to becoming a career coach? 17:13
- What kind of clients does Joe like working with? 24:04
- What need is he solving with his courses? 27:11
- What do people need to look for when searching for a coach that can help them with a particular issue? 29:31
- What’s the difference between a therapist, a psychologist, and a coach? 31:14
- How Joe knocks people out of patterns that he sees. 33:52
- How does someone go about becoming a coach themselves if they’re interested? 35:38
- What’s the purpose behind Joe’s podcast? 38:19
- What’s Joe’s interview style? 45:05
- What are some of the things that Joe’s looking forward to in 2016. 49:47
- 3 of Joe’s Favorite Podcasts 51:53
- What he would do as his 10 year old self if all his memories were intact? 52:27
- What is something he believed as a 35 year old and doesn’t believe it anymore. 52:57
- What is one thing that costs under $100 that changed his life? 53:43
- What does it mean to live a life of abundance? 55:43
- What are three steps that someone could take to change their career? 56:51
- … and MUCH more!
ITEMS and PEOPLE MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Joe Online: Website, Facebook, Twitter
- XS Energy Drinks
- The Matrix
- Office Space
- Joe’s Podcast – The JoeWoo Career and Life Show
- Cal Fussman interviews on Tim Ferriss (1st Interivew / 2nd Interview)
- Gary Vaynerchuk’s new show “Planet of the Apps”
- Rise To the Top Podcast
- Hardcore Closer Podcast
- Stablycam (Affiliate link)
SHOW NOTE EXTRAS:
Don’t Let Your Career Be Like Groundhog Day:
Why It’s Important to Prepare:
How to Store and Save Your Resume:
What Joe Got out of his Firewalk Instructor Training:
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The AoL Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and we read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions feel free to email them over via the email mentioned in the show or by our contact form.
A huge thank-you to you guys for joining us!