Overwhelmed. Lethargic. Swamped. Lost. This is what we can feel like in the valleys of our work and our lives. You…
– think you’re the only one who cares.
– feel that you’re the only who gets stuff done on your team (if you’re lucky enough to have one).
– get lost in the fog of un-motivation. (Or is it “de-motivation”?)
– start wondering “what if I’m doing it all wrong?”.
No matter the success level, at one point or another all creative entrepreneurs go through this funk.
It comes with the territory – just like crazy success.
Today’s guest, Danielle Watson, knows all about the highs and the lows – the peaks and the valleys.
From being on all types of media platforms talking about her Purse Process, to having to do a TEDx presentation during one of the most dramatic periods of her life. She’s gone through it.
In this interview, Laila and I get the chance to ask her why she chose the major she did as a self professed girly-girl, how she stumbled upon the Purse Process, and more about what all happened during the time she was preparing for her TEDx talk.
SPECIFICALLY, YOU’LL FIND OUT MORE ABOUT:
- Why did she pick a degree in anthropology? 11:27
- Would she go through her schooling all over again? 14:54
- What advice Danielle would give someone who’s just going into college 16:39
- How did she feel that she didn’t fit the mold of her peers in college. 20:34
- Did she ever use her degree as most people would out of school? 22:14
- How did she find out that she could add value to others using her anthropological skills? 24:39
- What your purse can tell you about your personality. 32:06
- How Danielle got into doing a TEDx presentation. 35:57
- Why she had a very bumpy road in preparing for it. 39:42
- What direction she’s going after her TEDx experience. 46:59
- What are 3 of her favorite podcasts? 55:58
- What’s the secret to achieving personal freedom? 57:28
- Something she believed as a 35 year old but doesn’t believe now? 57:55
- One thing under $100 that has changed Danielle’s life? 58:21
- If someone was trying to put their knowledge to use in a new business, how could they do that? 1:00:08
- … and MUCH more!
ITEMS and PEOPLE MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Danielle Online: Website, Facebook, Twitter
- Veronica Kirin Interview
- Jim Carrey’s Commencement Speech
- Morning Scramble
- Excellence Expected
- Sports Gal Pal
SHOW NOTE EXTRAS:
Danielle’s TEDx talk:
Danielle’s interview with Mimika Cooney:
Sample of her Facebook Live show:
Danielle on Entrepreneur on Fire Podcast:
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The AoL Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and we read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions feel free to email them over via the email mentioned in the show or by our contact form.
A huge thank-you to you guys for joining us!