We’ve all felt that feeling where, at the end of the day, you wish you felt better about the work that you’re doing. Perhaps you feel like you’re stuck in a rut. Maybe you want to pursue something else with your time? Make more impact on people.
How do you do that?
There’s so much to the answer of that simple questions.
Like the team at New Inceptions, Barrett Brooks, today’s guest, is all about helping people make an impact. He did it with his first business called Living for Monday, then went on to join Fizzle, and now he works with ConvertKit as their Brand Strategist and Community Builder.
In this chat with Barrett, we find out more about that transition to ConvertKit and what he looks forward to doing with them. We also got the opportunity to find out more about his time with Seth Godin, why he likes empowering others, and why he believes meaningful conversations are the basis for great relationships.
SPECIFICALLY, YOU’LL FIND OUT MORE ABOUT:
- How Barrett got involved with ConvertKit 8:00
- What’s the people and culture at ConvertKit like? 11:28
- Who is ConvertKit for? 13:48
- What was Barrett’s time with Seth Godin like? 15:56
- Knowing what he knows now about business, how would he have changed his business plan for his old business “Living for Mondays”. 23:13
- How did Barrett get started with Fizzle.co? 26:17
- What were things that made Barrett want to become an empowerer of others? 29:05
- Where does he get his interest in politics and world events? 40:02
- Why he believes that great relationships are built on deep conversations and connections. 45:16
- Who does Barrett coach and how does he reach out to them? 47:26
- His thoughts in how to get more people in deep and meaningful conversations. 52:01
- Biggest 3 Influencers in Barrett’s Life 59:24
- What he believed when he was 21 and now sees as bogus. 1:00:11
- Who’s the most awe-inspiring person he’s met? 1:01:23
- One thing under $100 that has changed his life. 1:02:37
- Who comes to mind when he thinks of success? 1:03:10
- … and MUCH more!
ITEMS and PEOPLE MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Barrett Online: Website, Twitter, LinkedIn
- World Domination Summit
- Nathan Barry
- Caleb Wojick
- Minimalist Baker – Dana Schultz
- Seth Godin Krypton (article by Barrett)
- Gary V Advice to Graduating Seniors (a classic!!)
- Highlands Ability Battery
- Adam Grant – Researcher of Univ. Pennsylvania Warden College of Business Relationship Building and Meaningful Work
- Muhammed Yunus on the Social Business Model
- Steph Crowder AoL Interview
- Clay Green AoL Interview
- Just In Time Learning
- Fizzle.co – Get Your Answers Just In Time! (Get 2 weeks free by using this link!)
Barrett’s Choice Books:
- The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
- How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg
- Give and Take by Adam Grant
- Mindset by Carol Dweck
- Mastery by Robert Greene
- The Four Hour Chef by Tim Ferriss
- Good to Great by Jim Collins
- Drive by Dan Pink
- Linchpin by Seth Godin
SHOW NOTE EXTRAS:
Barrett’s TEDx Talk
Teaser for the Fizzle Jess Lively Interview
His interview via Talking Davos:
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The AoL Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and we read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions feel free to email them over via the email mentioned in the show or by our contact form.
A huge thank-you to you guys for joining us!