There’s so many things we have to do as an entrepreneur. Either we do it ourselves or we pay someone else to do it.
If you’re just starting out on your path, you might not have the resources to pay for all the help you need.
How do you get things done if you need help on graphics or grammar checking? Maybe you need help getting through a mental block or getting a new perspective on your business? Do you have the resources to pay for all of that?
Probably not. Perhaps bartering is the answer. But where online can you do that?
That’s what today’s guest, Mellissa Rempfer has been able to foster in her group, Brilliance and Business.
In this chat, we talk about where the idea of the group came from and more about what sets it apart. We also get into how she got her start in doing big things early on, and the three instincts of the human condition and how those apply in life and business.
SPECIFICALLY, YOU’LL FIND OUT MORE ABOUT:
- How Mellissa didn’t even realize she had hit the bottom even though she was homeless in high school. 11:05
- How she moved from being homeless to going to college 16:19
- Why she decided that she wanted to be a pediatric trauma surgeon. 18:41
- Where the idea of a student center came from and how she was able to put all the pieces together to get it built on her campus. 21:17
- What she did immediately after graduating. 29:33
- When she felt it was time to start a business. 34:24
- Her initial experience in coaching and how Brilliance and Business originally came about. 38:30
- What Brilliance and Business is all about. 47:09
- How she feels has helped her grow the group as well as it has? 53:55
- How do the three instincts of the human condition play into what she does? 57:57
- More about the implementation of these instincts in the group 1:05:55
- What are some of the things that’s she’s looking forward to in the future 1:07:30
- What three things she would like people to remember her by? 1:10:21
- Three truths she wants to share with others? 1:10:36
- Where she would run a non promotional ad and what would it say? 1:11:37
- 3 Favorite Podcasts 1:14:04
- What she would say to her 25 year old self? 1:17:40
- When she thinks of success, who does she think of and why? 1:18:37
- … and MUCH more!
ITEMS and PEOPLE MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Mellissa Online: Website, Facebook Page, Twitter
- Ashley Zahabian AoL Podcast Interview
- Kimra Luna – SPI Interview (Welfare)
- Enneagram Test
- NI Post of my favorite podcasts
- The Expert Community
- 6 Cornerstones of a Successful Online Business – Having a product is just part of having a business. Find out the other 5. (It’s FREE!)
- Travel Savvy eCourse – Become a Confident International Traveler with The Traveler’s Mindset
SHOW NOTE EXTRAS:
Tapping into and Embracing Your Brilliance:
Kim Eldredge and Mellissa talk about Mellissa’s book:
How to Communicate on Facebook:
Introduction to the Enneagram:
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The AoL Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and we read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions feel free to email them over via the email mentioned in the show or by our contact form.
A huge thank-you to you guys for joining us!