On the show today, 2 friends and a host share what it’s really like learning for a living. That’s right, I said LEARN for a living.
What does mean? Well, I’m glad you asked!
Ginger joins me again in this one and we talk with one of her friends that she’s met in her travels – Stephen Robinson.
Stephen is founder of 52Skillz, a YouTube channel in where he discovers, learns, and shares a new skill weekly.
With so many “leading learners” out there, there’s a lot of conversation in how to do it.
While Stephen has had plenty of inspiration, he wants to make sure he does it his own way. He does it by one-upping people that are already out there.
So, is it as easy as it sounds? Or, as we ask him in the chat: How do you stay engaged and up-to-date in your work?
The answer, and the story of where 52Skillz came from is what we lay out for you today on the show.
SPECIFICALLY, YOU’LL FIND OUT MORE ABOUT:
- How Stephen chose his major in college 10:42
- How to not get your business lost in the ether of the internet. 14:37
- Where the idea for 52 Skillz came from. 17:00
- Does Stephen feel he was inspired by Tim Ferriss? 19:46
- Does he feel like there’s any favorite skills that he’s learned? 21:53
- Where he would recommend that people start if they wanted to start learning skills quickly. 29:02
- How Stephen has a constant flow of content coming for his YouTube channel. 33:13
- Does he do his own video production? 36:08
- How he has the ability to work on a passion project while at the same pay the bills. 40:58
- What’s a strategy that Stephen would recommend to transfer to do something they love? 44:34
- How does Steven stay engaged in his work? 48:17
- How he got ready for his TEDx talk 58:33
- What is Stephen’s thoughts on having deadlines? 1:00:22
- What’s Stephen looking forward to in the near future? 1:03:24
- 3 Favorite Influencers 1:07:00
- 3 Truths to share with others 1:07:18
- What’s the message he’d put on social media? 1:08:42
- What’s one thing that he used to believe but doesn’t anymore? 1:09:38
- … and MUCH more!
ITEMS and PEOPLE MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Stephen Online: YouTube, Website, Twitter, Facebook Page
- Tim Ferriss Podcast
- Uber Driver with the Jewelry
- Instacart: Grocery Pickup Service
- eHub @ University of Alberta
- Levels of being an entrepreneur
- Fine Brothers win an Emmy with Kids React (Not a Grammy)
- Tim Ferriss Experiment
- The Abundance Code
- 6 Cornerstones of a Successful Online Business – Having a product is just part of having a business. Find out the other 5. (It’s FREE!)
- Travel Savvy eCourse – Become a Confident International Traveler with The Traveler’s Mindset
SHOW NOTE EXTRAS:
Ginger comes through on her promise in learning to juggle!!:
Stephen’s TEDx Talk:
How He Prepped for his TEDx Talk:
Zephan Blaxberg Interview of Stephen:
Alexis Hillyard’s “Stump Kitchen” Crossover:
My Favorite Video of 52 Skillz:
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The AoL Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and we read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions feel free to email them over via the email mentioned in the show or by our contact form.
A huge thank-you to you guys for joining us!