Are you embracing technology the way you should? Like really? No one likes change. Heck, I KNOW I don’t. But sometimes we got to do it.
Today’s guest, Alessandra Colaci, is someone that has not only embraced changed, but she’s gone out of her way to show other people how it can be useful for them. It’s like she relishes in it.
In this session, we talk about her background in being a successful entrepreneur in the big days of MySpace (before Facebook became so popular!) and what she’s doing these days after she realized that she had to create another business!
It’s a great episode for all of us to remember that success can come, go, and come again as quickly as technology changes.
SPECIFICALLY, YOU’LL FIND OUT MORE ABOUT:
- What major she went for when she knew that she wanted to build an interactive experience online. 7:27
- Where her interesting in Internet Marketing came from. 7:56
- What inspired her to build Blingy Blob and where the name came from. 10:45
- How Alessandra was introduced to entrepreneurship. 14:34
- What lead to her success with Blingy Blob? 17:16
- How early social media websites including MySpace lead to people learning technical skills. 20:21
- How Alessandra has been able to keep an interest in developing her online business skillset. 24:02
- Why she decided to close the doors on Blingy Blob even though she had great success with it. 26:59
- Why she transitioned from consulting to starting her new endeavour, Influence Buzz 31:31
- Her thoughts about not waiting for opportunity but making your own. 35:52
- Why she thinks that today’s live streaming apps will actually go mainstream versus Justin.tv and Ustream. 38:10
- How you balance actually being a Creator of quality work vs creating behind the scenes snippets. 41:30
- Ideas in how people can use LIVE platforms to build audiences. 45:47
- What she uses to project any feed she wants into Facebook LIVE. 49:30
- How she finds out cutting news to share with her audience. 50:26
- What she’s excited about in the future of Influence Buzz 55:11
- 3 things she wants people to remember her by after hearing her on the show. 57:23
- 3 truths that she wants other people to know 59:10
- Her ad into the world… 1:00:19
- What she would say to her 22 year old self 1:01:29
- When she thinks of the word success, who comes to mind and why? 1:02:46
- …and MUCH more!
ITEMS and PEOPLE MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Alessandra Online: Website, Facebook, Facebook Page
- Facebook LIVE Live Map
- Justin.tv Wiki
- Erik Deckers AoL interview
- Allie McAdam AoL interview
SHOW NOTE EXTRAS:
Alessandra does an interview with Deborah Deras:
How to Use Wirecast in Facebook LIVE:
How to patch better sound into your LIVE streaming feeds via Mihkel Teemant:
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The AoL Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and we read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions feel free to email them over via the email mentioned in the show or by our contact form.
A huge thank-you to you guys for joining us!