Being a creative can be an interesting ride. For many of us to consider doing anything outside of our normal work life, there has to be some sort of reward or reason to do it. For many of us, that reward is extra income. For others, just making things is, itself, rewarding enough.
Many times, that second group is referred to as hobbyists or amateurs. These terms themselves, kind of have a negative connotation to them. “He’s such an amateur.” vs “He’s such a professional.” There’s really no contest, right?
Well, funnily enough, that perception of thinking couldn’t be farther from the truth in a lot of instances.
A good example of this is today’s guest, Josh Featherstone.
During the day, you can find Josh working as a manager in the restaurant world. But at night, he switches hats and becomes host of The Now Trending Show. This particular podcast isn’t his first rodeo, either. He’s been host of other shows as well.
In today’s talk, we chat with Josh about how he got into media, what his show is about, some of the equipment he uses, and even a little about his thoughts on copyright infringement.
SPECIFICALLY, YOU’LL FIND OUT MORE ABOUT:
- How Josh got into podcasting.
- What radio shows inspired him to get into media.
- What his thoughts are on Marc Maron and the use of “WTF”.
- The story behind the Now Trending Show.
- How the show gets topics and how Josh and Lori frame what they talk about.
- Why a podcast is the way to go if you’re looking to have unrestricted speech.
- Equipment they have and how the show is actually done.
- How they include clips from the media in the show.
- His thoughts on copyright infringement.
- Future monetization plans (if any).
- …and MUCH more.
ITEMS and PEOPLE MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Now Trending Show
- WTF Podcast with Marc Maron
- Chris Spangel (We are Libertarians Podcast)
- No Agenda Podcast (One of the longest running podcasts!)
- SPI Podcast Tutorial
- Fizzle.co Meet Dedicated Creators from all over the world! Click here to get your first 2 weeks FREE!
SHOW NOTE EXTRAS:
Want to get started with your first podcast? Here’s an intro to do it like Pat Flynn:
Pat’s series is a few years old. Here’s a more recent (November 2015) review of mics by Fizzle’s Chase Reeves (Fizzle link):
And finally a Fizzle podcast session from May of 2014 where they talk about 24 lessons they learned after doing their podcast for a year.
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The AoL Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and we read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions feel free to email them over via the email mentioned in the show or by our contact form.
A huge thank-you to you guys for joining us!