This week’s episode puts a spotlight on one of the friends of the show: Katrina A’Marti. In the future, Katrina (aka Trin) will be helping us with the topic editions of the podcast. In the meantime, though, we thought we’d introduce her as a fellow student of entrepreneurship.
Like so many other solopreneurs and people trying to find their passion, she stumbled into the world of business. Also like many of us, she did so because she wasn’t fully appreciated in the day job world.
In this session, Trin discusses her background and how she got to where she is today. Part of that being the constant love-hate relationship she has with her culture. She offers a few insights into how she stays motivated and who and what she calls her biggest motivators.
You’ll also hear what she’s looking forward to achieving in her new business Meaning & Co. (which at the time of this recording was called ThoughtWhisper).
Do you have issues with leaving the 9 to 5 world? Are you worried about others will think of you if you started your own thing? Take a listen to what Trin has to say. I guarantee you’ll be inspired.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN:
- How she could have easily hid from who she is by letting her Asian culture conform her.
- What were the important influencers that got her started down her path of self-development.
- What therapy has done for her and her career.
- How she’s managed to keep her inner hippy happy.
- and much more!
ITEMS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Gumroad’s Small Product Lab
- Seven Day Startup by Dan Norris (Paperback @ Amazon)
- Reboot Podcast
- Danielle LaPorte
- Myers-Briggs Personality Indicator
- Brian Casel (Productize Services)
- Fizzle – Our go to community for building online businesses. First month is free!
- Hostgator – Get unlimited space and bandwidth and great service from Hostgator for cheap!
SHOW NOTE EXTRAS:
The last question “What Does Success Mean To You” was stolen from the School of Greatness Podcast. The reason we include it is because it’s interesting to see what success means to people at various levels in their career – not just at the top.
What does success mean to you? Let us know in the comments below!
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The AoL Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and we read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions feel free to email them over via the email mentioned in the show or by our contact form.
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes and Stitcher. It’s absolutely free to do so.
A huge thank-you to you guys for joining us as we embark on this journey.