In this first session of the Angles of Lattitude Podcast, we talk about the makeup of the podcast team and just go through a basic exploration of what it means to be a Millennial in 2015.
When we were putting this session together, we asked ourselves this question: What sort of ideas can we bring to our audience that will inspire them to break through any negative thoughts. What examples can we bring that will help them take actions on their dreams and ideas.
There’s plenty of material here in regards to how we look at the world and how we’re specifically planning on making an impact.
We look forward to having you with us each session.
Ready? Let’s get things started!
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN:
- A little bit about your hosts and why they started the AoL podcast.
- What it means to be an older millennial (like JC and Brian) vs a younger millennial (like Jon).
- Why we group them the way we do.
- What their differences are in approaching entrepreneurship.
- and much more!
ITEMS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Girl Meets World / Boy Meets World
- 80’s Kid / Old Economy Steve Meme
- 2008 Credit Crisis (Subprime Lending Crisis)
- Car Companies that Disappeared in 2008 and Why
- United States Housing Bubble
- Documentary on Generations’ Recurring Cycle: Generation Zero
- The Original Lost Generation
- Purdue’s Burton D. Morgan Center for Entrepreneurship
- National Lampoon’s Family Vacation (1983)
- New Service for Delivering Groceries – Instacart
- Fizzle – Our go to community for building online businesses. First month is free!
- Hostgator – Get unlimited space and bandwidth and great service from Hostgator for cheap!
SHOW NOTE EXTRAS:
The spelling of Angles of Lattitude Podcast is definitely on purpose. On one hand, Latitude is a measurement of how far North or South you are, but it also means “scope for freedom of action or thought”. On the other hand, the term attitude is defined as “a settled way of thinking or feeling about someone or something, typically one that is reflected in a person’s behavior”.
So, if you throw that all together, you get something like: We want to help our audience discover other people and ideas which might make them a better person due to their improved outlook.
Final Product: We help you find awesome people and ideas to help you improve on yourself with.
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The AoL Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and we read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions feel free to email them over via the email mentioned in the show or by our contact form.
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes and Stitcher. It’s absolutely free to do so.
A huge thank-you to you guys for joining us as we embark on this journey.