Let’s face it. The world can eat you up and spit you out if you let it. And the number one way that this happens is by not having a personal mission.
Or simply not having something to fight for.
Like anyone else, military veterans are susceptible to having a numb life after they retire from the armed forces. However, because they have had something to fight for they know what it means to have a mission – even though it didn’t begin in their own head.
This mission gives veterans a unique sense of comradeship.
And when they retire – they lose all of the support they’ve become accustomed to.
As we’ve been learning, entrepreneurship can be a way to not only develop a personal mission, but embrace it as well.
And that being the case, veterans can make great entrepreneurs who support each other.
In today’s chat with Vetrepreneur Tribe founder, Andrew O’Brien, we learn how his life struggles have lead him to realize this and why he felt it was necessary to start the Tribe even though he had been having pretty good success with his PR company.
SPECIFICALLY, YOU’LL FIND OUT MORE ABOUT:
- What’s the short version of Andrew’s story of how he ended up in the Army? 8:04
- How did he come to the realization that he wanted to be public speaker? 14:38
- What was Andrew’s early days of speaking like? 16:22
- How did things start picking up for him where it eventually lead him to becoming the Publicity Guy? 17:33
- How did Andrew realize there was a gap that he could fill as an entrepreneur? 21:21
- What was the transition like from being the Publicity Guy to being the Vetrepreneur Tribe leader? 23:42
- What does he contribute most of the success with the group to? 25:52
- How can people build up their own resiliency? 31:26
- How does one determine when it is actually time to pivot what someone’s doing in their business? 34:52
- What’s Andrew looking forward to doing with Vetrepreneur Tribe? 39:07
- What are his top books? 40:49
- What’s a gift that Andrew likes giving others? 42:32
- One thing that costs under $100 that has changed his life? 43:59
- What’s something all high school students must know? 45:29
- What’s Andrew’s secret to achieving personal freedom? 47:00
ITEMS and PEOPLE MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Andrew Online: Website, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter
- Co-Host: Albert Winks
- Start building your Facebook Group today the right way! Get Arne Giske’s Cheat Sheet for Group Building.
- Brendon Burchard on Knowing When to Quit
- Extreme Ownership – Jocko Willink
- The Power of Broke – Daymond John
SHOW NOTE EXTRAS:
The Domino Effect:
Andrew on the Funnelhacker Radio Podcast:
Andrew’s Homestead Tour:
Andrew Interviews Dana Derricks:
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The AoL Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and we read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions feel free to email them over via the email mentioned in the show or by our contact form.
A huge thank-you to you guys for joining us!